Season 7 Wrap-Up

Friday, March 16, 2012

It always feels a bit surreal to do these, but this time around it feels more-so because, for better or for worse, Season 7 was the Season that took me the longest to write, even though post-count wise it was fairly short. Real life got in the way quite a lot! But, despite how long it took me, this season was probably my best yet--so for everyone who stayed around from start to finish...

Thank you! Thank you for bearing with me through the hard times, and sharing with me the good times. Thank you for being so supportive, and helping me keep on coming back when I lost my enthusiasm for writing. While these characters and the time I spend writing them is mostly something I do as a gift to myself, having you all inspire me is such a blessing. You guys are the best.

But, I better move on before I spend too much time gushing on you guys, because seriously--I could do it all day. And I'll do it again anyways before the post is over. XD


First: Little Hiatus

Before I start writing next Season, Desperate Sims is going on another bit of a hiatus (again). I hope only for two or three weeks--mainly, I just need the time to get caught up on things. I haven't read many of the blogs I missed in my absence, not to mention the fact that I haven't started writing Season 8 out, yet! (And, you know me, I'm too OCD to start writing without a plan.)

I do have a solid idea in mind of what's going to happen, but to get it organized in a solid time frame and have everything happen in a good chronological order, I gotta figure this all out. So, while I figure that out, DS will go silent for a bit longer.

(Also, Dipped will be getting back into the full swing of things as well, but as it is a long-term project alongside DS, it won't interrupt my ability to work on it.)

This leads me to:


Second: Mini Projects!

As of right now, I have TWO mini projects now started, one of which most of you already know about!


Yep, that's right--Yours Truly, Margo has finally kicked off with it's first post. If you don't remember me talking about it in the past: YTM is essentially Margo's blog. It'll have numerous small posts documenting the 'little things' that happen in her life, from her point of view.

All the comments on it I will respond to in-character, so you can interact with her on a small level--and, certain posts will have a 'question' she'll ask that will act as a bit of a poll to help her make decisions. For example, the first post asks which club you think she should join! These choices will influence certain things about Desperate Sims, so *spoiler!* for example, her club choice will directly influence who she goes to the Prom with!

You can read YTM here on blogspot or here on tumblr.



Some of you may be wondering where the heck Lilobot disappeared to between Part 2 and the Finale--and this sort of answers that question! (I say sort of because Lilobot spins some rather... extravagant tales.) It won't be something I'll work on for very long, since it's a rather short little mini project, but if you follow along you'll get to see why she almost missed Amelia's wedding.


Third: Creations!

With the release of Showtime, I've been doing some renovations on places around town so I actually have some stages to host performers. I only have one finished so far, but I did upload it to share!




Also, as a follower gift on Tumblr, I uploaded Lilobot for all those Lil-lovers out there--she has a few pieces of CC (hair and skin), but I think they're worth it if you want to keep her adorableness.



Next Season has all sorts of drama headed its way between Margo and Ian, and as a bit of an emotional sample (plus a source of inspiration for me, since I love mixes!) I put together a playlist about their struggles and put it up on 8tracks. It's rather short (9 songs) so if you wanna take a quick listen to, feel free! You might get yourself an idea what's in store for the two if you do, though, so... be prepared.


Fourth: Credits/Inspirations~!

I guess credits are supposed to come AFTER a season is over, but I do wanna take a sec to quickly list and thank everyone who's contributed personalities and subplots that have helped round out Margo's life and give me a ton of inspiration for next Season, because you all deserve recognition NOW!:

Amelia/Sara: Without her, Ian would not be possible. I went in a drastically different direction with Margo's future when that boy was born and we talked about the woes of another Evil sim entering the world. The Pesces alone have been amazing inspiration, but I will always, always see Ian as our lovechild. ♥

PiB & Tenderwolf: Where would Margo be without her two  best friends?! I really hope that Veronica and Kenzie get the opportunity to shine in the story, because reading about these two characters is what inspired me to decide Margo would even have friends at all. Her life would be very, very different without them!

Jennifer: I've always adored Josh, but it was his chemistry with Natasha that really inspired me to run with the 'look but can't touch!' thing Margo has going on with him! He will always be the object of both of our affections! And you, bringing Margo into your story too?! Ach, I died and went to heaven!!

Last, but certainly not least:
Equus Sims: Both Christina and Rachel, you guys have been AMAZING. Your dedication to Equus is what made me want Margo to love horses, which has steadily evolved into me now knowing how her ENTIRE life will pan out. You two have literally given me so much. I hope I can make all your hard work worth it! ♥


-----------------

For now, I guess that's it! I really am so glad to be back and writing again--it's one of the purest joys in my life, and having such amazing people to share it with just makes it all the better. You guys are truly awesome. Don't you forget it!

But, because I'm SURE some of you wanted to see at least SOME out-take action...

Dusty, trying to eat Margo's head...

Brad, looking particularly mad.


Lilobot and Spot. AWWWWW.


Margo, looking as if she wants to get into Ian's pants. O.o


It's a bird, it's a plane--no, it's Super Brad!


Not really an outtake but I dunno how I'm gonna be patient enough to wait for this beauty to enter the story. T_T


Korva, acting out that I didn't include her in the story more. XD I think neon green hair is a good look for you, Brad.


...  and here's everyone's real reaction to Lilobot showing up to the wedding.
Whoops. XD

Cheers~!

8 comments:

Amelia_Bedelia,  March 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM  

Awwww <3 Ian is definitely our lovechild. And I'm so glad that you stuck in there and finished this season. I missed you hardcore! Also, Margo, children should not look lusty.

Kaleeko,  March 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM  

<333 Thank you so much, sweetie! And thank you for sticking by me and helping so much!! You don't understand how awesome you are to have around. :) ♥ I missed you, too!

And lol... Yeeaaaah. Definitely not a good look for child!Margo. XD

Crescent County,  March 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM  

Ahaha, poor Lil! I'm sure that wasn't the reaction she wanted xD

Chrysame,  March 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

I always thought Lil was a doll. :D

A lot of happy happy at the end of this season. Yay!!!

nicarra60 March 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

twas a lovely season. I will admit it's been a bit odd seeing Veronica around without a whisper of her twin Penelope. But this Roni gets a very different sort of a life and friendships without her siblings.

Poor Korva, didn't get in the story much, did she?

Looking forward to the next time around.

Vera March 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

An amazing season for sure! Found your site in the middle of season 7, now I'm addicted to say the least... And Lilobot download!! <3 I've been looking at her adventures on tumblr, the picture of her playing with the car just cracks me up x) I absolutely adore her.

Now why on earth did everyone have that reaction to Lilobot showing up to the wedding?? xD

Tender Wolf,  March 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

What a great summarization of the season! I look forward to reading the mini projects (and I may start my own since you're such an inspiration!), and I loved seeing the outtakes! I'm honored that you included Kenzie in your story and I'm glad she helped shape Margo's character. Looking forward to season 8!

memoirsofasim March 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM  

Honestly, Kaleeko, you often take the words right out of my mouth. ;) In ref to it feeling surreal when you wrap up another season. I feel the same when I end a Part of my story, though it might be for different reasons. I'm just happy and amazed that I've finished another one! lol

I remember being so excited for you to start Season 7, mainly because Margo was growing up and it was going to be solely based around her.
You've done a truly wonderful job introducing the 'child' Margo to us. It's been a pleasure reading about her and learning about her hopes, dreams and fears. I hope that her teens years are going to be a little more forgiving. I do look forward to seeing just how her and Ian will go. ;)

A little hiatus I can understand but, what?! You haven't started writing Season 8? lol Just kidding ya! ;) With everything that has happened, the move and other RL things, I'm not surprised that you hadn't started. YOU and RL, always come first, so if you've gotta take a time out then do it.

Dipped, well I cannot wait to read more of that! Bring it on!

YTM, yikes! I'm so excited that the time has finally come! Woohoo! :D You will definitely see some of the characters from The Drifter commenting. I will be monitoring what they say though because I will not allow anything nasty! ;)

As for your adoration for Josh, well I feel the same when you added him into DS as you felt when I added Margo into my story. The blend was perfect!

Totally bringing this comment to an end now. lol Oh and loved the out-take shots! They're always a laugh. Did you see Susannah whacking Nikki with her handbag in mine? ;)

<3

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP