Waaahooooo!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hey guys!


I have a couple orders of beez-nees today I'd like to talk about, so I'm gonna try and cover them as quickly as possible so I don't bore you with too much non-story stuff:

♥ First ♥

I noticed something kinda cool today:
... @____@

Now, I am gonna say--pageviews and followers, as numbers, don't mean a whole lot to me. Until blogger put them directly on the dashboard, I didn't even really pay much attention how few or many I was getting. I write this story because of how it makes ME feel, because I LOVE to write... anyone who decides to join me along the way is just a really big, awesome bonus that serves to keep me motivated when life tries to tell me I shouldn't waste my time writing anymore.

 But, I really am humbled by the support you guys have given me. Seriously. I know there will always be bloggers and writers who get more numbers, but it really matters so little to me because I treasure what I have, not what others do that I don't. And I really do treasure you guys. A lot.

 I'd like to come up with a way to really thank you guys in a more meaningful way, but I got nothin'. For now, at least. I just feel like, after reaching both a milestone in followers and pageviews, I should at least say something. I want to be grateful for what I have, always--and you guys are so awesome!! So, if you have any ideas for things you'd like me to do--shoot em at me!


♥ Second ♥

Updates on Desperate Sims have been really slack lately, and I want to apologize for that, because I kept promising to update more often and... it just hasn't been happening. I also keep falling way behind on you guys' blogs numerous times, which I know some of you don't mind, but I really don't like falling behind anyways.

T
he main reason it's been happening? I've just been feeling really 'meh' lately about the Sims. I got frustrated with the lag in my game, and then just frustrated with the Kanes.

 No, I'm not bored with the Kanes--in fact, I feel the exact *opposite* towards them. The problem is that I've had Margo's entire life mapped out in my head for over 6 months now--and I've been so excited about what'll happen later in her life that getting through this section feels a little tedious, as important as I know it is. Amelia knows exactly what I'm talkin' about--she's so excited about getting to the next part of her story that the finale to this one is acting like one big giant roadblock. (So let's all cheer Amelia on because we know her finale will be FANTASTIC.)

 Anyways, I finally decided on a solution: I started a new story.


NO, I am not giving up on the Kanes! If anything, I'm doing this for them; I've written exclusively DS material for so long that I feel stagnant, and dividing my efforts will make the Kanes feel more fresh when I do write about them.

 Also, the premise behind 'Dipped' has also been floating around in my head for forever, and was even supposed to be part of Desperate Sims at some point--but I decided 'what the heck' and not only split it into a separate story, but a separate universe!

 And, don't worry--if you don't want to read Dipped, you don't have to! I don't expect anyone who reads this story to read everything I write; it'll be cool if you do, but I know Berry Sweet sims aren't some peoples thing. (They definitely weren't mine, a year ago!) Yes, it will keep updates on DS slow for the time being, but consider that a good thing.

♥ Third ♥

This is super minor, but, I switched out the comment system on my blogs to Disqus, to make responding to them a little more practical. If you experience any issues with it, PLEASE let me know on twitter or email or something. There may be some kinks, and if there's too many I'll revert back to standard blogger. 

Anyways--thank you guys again for everything. And, if you do decide to check Dipped out, I hope you enjoy!! I'm really psyched to be trying something new--it's just the pick me up I need.

 /mwah~!

12 comments:

Cellist818,  September 20, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

X.X you are way too sweet dear. <3

Good luck with the Kanes!

Jennifer ~,  September 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

K = Kool
A = Awesome
L = Lovely
E = Eager
E = Ever so talented
K = Krafty
O = Oh so sweet!

Hee, hee. My brain isn't functioning too well today, that's all I could come up with. lol

I honestly think that you have the amount of followers that you do today and the amount of stats on DS because you have only ever been yourself on here right from the day you started posting.
You've shared some intimate things about your life with us and exposed some of your faults. I think this sort of openness is what people like to see. Because, hey, we can all relate somehow.
Your noble and courageous Miss Kaleeko and, well, of course there's always the most obvious thing, your writing and creative ability--which might I add, am so jealous. ;) Your also super supportive of others as well.

Glad to hear that your not over the Kanes. The way you feel now about season 7 is how I felt when some of The Drifter characters had kids. lol You want to skip it but you don't want to because some of it will relate to the next part/season. I feel your pain!
As for the new story well I hope it will give you the change/break, whatever it is you need, from writing DS full time.

The comment system is a little different but it's not really bothering me in any way. ;) Though I can't seem to see Dipped in the list of blogs I follow, I wonder if this is because I signed in to comment via Twitter?

Sorry for totally spamming your comments btw!

*hugs* <3

Kaleeko,  September 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

<33333 :D

Thanks, darlin~!

Kaleeko,  September 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

T____T Are you tryin to make me cry? Because if you are, you have managed to succeed. *flyingtacklehug* <3333

*returns with tissues* You really are way, way too kind, Jen. And really, you shouldn't be jealous of me! Your writing and creativity is just as amazing in it's own way--and I certainly wouldn't be near as good if I didn't have people like you to motivate me and make me want to do better!

Yah, I had a feeling you'd understand how I felt, too--but, I don't have the luxury of skipping anything unless I want to miss a HUGE step in Lilobot's life, stuff with Amelia, yada yada. I just wanna get back to writing it all in a way that doesn't feel like I'm forcing it.

The comment system shouldn't effect anything with blogrolls--what you may need to do is just go in and add it manually from it's URL. Hitting the 'Follow' button on the blog is probably not adding it properly--and that's a Blogger issue, not Disqus.

And psh, spam me all you want--part of why I went to this comment system was so stuff can be collapsed, sorted, and responded to individually! Spamming is no longer a problem in the least. ^^ <333

*squeeze* Thank you SO much, lovie!!

Lord Charles,  September 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

A new story? AHMAZING! Can't wait to read!

Kaleeko,  September 22, 2011 at 1:41 AM  

*squeee~!* Well, it certainly is something a bit different, but I hope you enjoy it when you read it!! (It feels a bit nice to get to write about crime again too, lol! It can't keep me away for long!) I should have a new DS update out relatively soon though, too. I think my writing bug is finally coming back. :)

Elayna Schmitt September 23, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

Excited about the new story :) I'll have to check it out this weekend.

mmmcheezy225 September 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

I understand what you mean when you say you're getting burned out with the Kanes. It's hard to write exclusively about one family for one season, let alone seven! I applaud you. :)

I just read Dipped last night, and it was great. I'm already intrigued as to what Molasses has planned. I'm not really into Berry Sweet stories, but I'm intrigued by the mystery you've built around this colorful and otherwordly town. Plus, Paprique is kind of hot. ;)

The new commenting system threw me off a bit, but I can get used to it. btw, I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or not, but who are the sims in the favicon? They look familiar, and yet, they elude me. Hmm...

Great to see you back! :)

Kaleeko,  September 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Wee! Yay!! *dances* :D

Kaleeko,  September 26, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

Hehe, yah. x_x I honestly though I was fine with it for the longest time, but when I realized I was abandoning ideas I really liked because I couldn't fit them into DS... I decided it was probably for the best I stop limiting myself.

To be honest, for the longest time I really didn't see what about multi-colored sims was so great, but the more I messed around with them the more their bizarre looks and world opened up so many possibilities for trying crazy and whacky things I never could set in a more 'RL' setting. But, I really hope that the story of Dipped is something that's enjoyable separate from being 'Berry Sweet'--so I'm glad to hear you're intrigued! <3

Disqus is a bit strange, but being able to reply to someone directing is SO nice... It was getting tedious responding to everyone at a giant block at the end. x_x As for the faveicon--it's Alesha and Margo. It's actually the shot from Episode 1, where Alesha is kissing the back of Margos head. ^-^

Thank you, dear!! And great to see you, too. <333

Kaleeko,  September 26, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

Oh and--Paprique is... @_@. I do not know how that man came out of my CAS!

Tender Wolf,  October 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

Wow, you've certainly been busy! Congrats on your well-deserved numbers too! I know the feeling of getting sort of "meh" when it comes to writing or Simming in general. Sometimes I know what I want to do, but then I feel too lazy to do it. lol So I understand. Your new stories look very interesting! I plan to read them eventually, just when I get some more time on my hands. Dipped is a cute name for berries by the way. :D I didn't even know what the heck berries were until today. :p A Simple Life sounds very interesting as well, I browsed through some of the pictures and it caught my interest! You've really been busy! Good job! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP