Season 6 Wrap-Up

Sunday, June 26, 2011


HI GUYS!

As usual, I have a lot of things I wanna mention before I start taking my siesta between Season 6 & 7, so without further ado: let's get crackin'!

♥ First ♥ 
Thank you. I really don't know how many times I can say it before it stops sounding genuine, but really, I mean it every time. I pour my heart and soul into this story, the screenshots, and the writing, so when I receive such overwhelming support I seriously overflow with gratitude. I've also gotten so many new readers this season I don't even know what to DO with myself--seriously, I've had moments where it's kind of overwhelmed me. T_T But, honestly, you guys have given me SUCH courage and enthusiasm, two things I've had a hard time having in my life lately. So truly. From the bottom of my heart--thank you.


♥ Second ♥ 
I have no idea how long it will be before Season 7 starts. Could be 2 weeks, could be a month or more. I have a lot of other stuff I'd like to do--as you will hear about shortly--as well as need to piece together the next part of the story. I will be posting updates occasionally so please, no poking and prodding. I need a break. XD


♥ Third ♥
You may have noticed that the finale suggests two of the 'main characters' of the story--Amelia and Travis--more or less being taken out of the picture: one moving, and one going to prison. Although that's mostly just the way the story went, it is true: I am beginning to phase the rest of the family out of being main focuses of the story.

No, this doesn't mean they're leaving the story, much less that I won't write about them at all! That would be preposterous! They're part of the family, and I'm not about to chop off one of my limbs, here! Unfortunately, there's just no way I can carry the stories of Brad AND Amelia AND Travis AND Jeb PLUS Margo and Korva all mixed together without losing my freaking mind.

The solution: the main story will follow Brad&Co, but occasionally I will do "Shorts", a single dedicated post, about each of the other family members. That way I can still give you a glimpse into their lives without giving anyone phantom limb syndrome. XD

Fourth ♥ 
Unlike some of the previous occasions I've taken a break between Seasons, I don't plan on really disappearing; there's a lot of things I'll be working on between then and now that you'll hear a fair amount about, including:

  • Site Makeover: I always do this between seasons, so this isn't anything new. New header, new colors, update images, yada yada. This'll also include updating everyone's Bio, adding some new ones (prepare to learn more about Margo!), updating the family tree, about page, etc etc.
  • Master Page of Kaleeko Uploads: Since I get lots of requests to upload families and lots I've built, I'm going to be working very hard to upload everything I've made to Mediafire, starting with Brad&Co and working my way down. If there is something specific you want that you don't think I'll include, let me know! I will make sure to add it to my list of stuff to upload.
  • The Deadly Sins of Desperate Sims: I've had it in my mind to do sort of a 'poster set', and create one for each of the 7 deadly sins using the main characters of DS. Cool, right?! I am way excited about this. I know these will have absolutely NO application anywhere, but... Maybe I'll make wallpapers or something? Who cares, it'll be fun!!
  • Photo Shoots: I've got shutterbug fever, what can I say--so I'm gonna be buzzing around setting up some shoots with various sims/families, so I can mess around with all those new pose packs... >:D
  • Behind-the-Scenes: I'm gonna be putting together a couple of posts on how I do various things for DS, from plot-building to character-building to screenshotting; I know this won't be particularly interesting for most people, but I get enough questions about that shtuff it'd be nice to have somewhere to point to for answers.
♥ Fifth ♥
If you have a family with a sim in the CHILD stage you would like me to add to my hood, now is the time to link it to me. These children will end up being Margo's classmates until she graduates high school, and while I have enough sim kids in my hood right now to make it work, I'd rather replace them with the sims and families of people I know. It'll make me feel like I'm surrounded by the peoples I love. ^-^ These sims may end up working their way into the story, as well!

(Also, if you provide me with a family, it gives you another option of who to interact with Margo as when her spin-off blog goes live during Season 8... Just sayin'. Coughcough.)

♥ Sixth ♥
Closing notes! Hopefully I didn't bore you to death too badly with that uber block of text; we all know how many issues I have keeping things concise. ;) This go around, I don't have too much to say in regards to the story, so if you have any questions/comments about it overall, feel free to leave them in the comments and such. Until next time:


Alesha, Brad,


Amelia, Naomi,


Jade,Travis,


Meredith, Jebidiah,


and Lilobot (of course!)

all want to remind you, Don't Forget to Be Awesome~! Cheers!

24 comments:

Anonymous,  June 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

Hehe, Seven Deadly Sins...I was totally gonna do that too :3 Been planning it for months :3

Unknown June 26, 2011 at 9:49 PM  

Haha, nice!! I'd love to see your take on it, too C:

Di Al Martini June 26, 2011 at 10:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di Al Martini June 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

:) Lol! Amazing job to be exactly.

Di Al Martini June 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM  

It's been an amazing Season Kaleeko!

I'm truly amazed... everything is so perfect. And Oh, yes... I also love the way you designed Brad's science lab and the way he did the diagnose on Amelia was just so amazing. It's only one of the things I love... many more that I can't say in this comment or else I'm going to fill your comment with so many texts. Very good job!

Sara June 26, 2011 at 11:11 PM  

I always feel so sad when I read these, but also so excited. It's a mixed bag, for sure. One phase of the story is over, but another's beginning! Good luck with all your projects ^^

mackenziie June 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM  

Can I link my simself's family? My "son" is in the child stage. I'll probably change their names tho.

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 1:12 AM  

@MJ:

You are truly such a sweetheart!!! <333 Thank you so much, dear. I really did have alot of fun with that lab scene--I do feel I could've done it better, but, no way to learn except by doing. :) I am so glad that you enjoyed it that much, though--thank you, again! *mwah*

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 1:14 AM  

@Amelia:

It does feel a bit sad, even for me, but at the same time it's like... WAAAH FINALLY I CAN RELAX. The end of the season always feels a bit stressful for me, so it's nice to know I don't have any real "Goals" for a while yet. ;)

Thanks!! Hopefully I'm not piling too much on my plate. ;)

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM  

@mackenziie:

Sounds wonderful! Feel free to change their names and what not--just remember that once they're in my game, they're at my mercy! >:D

Thank you so much for offering them up, though! I superduperhugely appreciate it. <3

Jen June 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM  

Hee hee, your simself is so cute!

I'm excited (and sad at the time) to hear that your going to be phasing out the rest of the family. It will be different not hearing about the others but I am reeeeaalllly looking forward to seeing what your have install for DS next. :)

Bring on The 7 Deadly Sims, bring on the photo shoots, yey!

I will upload Tash and her family for you soon-ish too.

Hope you have a nice break from it all, you deserve it! :)

LordCharles June 27, 2011 at 5:14 AM  

Sorry I didn't comment on the finale, but my laptop shut down before I could.

Anyways, I loved the finale ( and I'm glad Travis is leaving).

I'm currently working on a family with a child in it, but I would like to upload them in their house. Can I do this?

*WARNING* my sim houses awlays look like crap on the outside, but I consider myself a fairly good interior designer.

Thanks!

Christina June 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM  

Okay, so I know I haven't left comments on each update. But just so you know, I have read them all.

I love each of these characters..although I think Lilobot and Amelia are my favorites :) I think they have the most flamboyant personalities, even if they don't mean to. They just stand out ot me above the rest.

I look forward to seeing the site change. I love what you have done now, but I'm excited. Everything you do, Kaleeko, is an absolute inspiration. I always find myself thinking "OMG how did she do this..that! this!!" lol

Maybe during your break you'll still be online a bit and can give me pointers on getting shots taken.

I'll send you a family. I'd be happy to and definitely flattered if they were apart of your grander scheme of things going on in Twinbrook.

And YOU stay awesome as well!

Much love dear friend!
Christina

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

@Jennifer:

Hehehe, thanks XDD

I'm pretty excited, too; it's nice to finally be able to 'carry forward' after a year of the original generations. I'll never be able to completely let go of 'em, though. ;)

Hooray for Tash!! Can't wait ^^

Thank you! <33

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

@LordCharles:

No problem~! Silly computers!

Hehe.. I think there's a lot of people happy to see Travis go--though this may end up being better for him than anyone else.

Sounds great with me, I always have trouble knowing what house to stick people in! And trust me, I don't really care what they look like on the outside. ;)

Cheers!

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

@Christina:

You don't have to leave comments on every update, girl--just knowing you're reading and enjoying it is enough for me! <333

Hehehe!! Amelia and Lil definitely are the most... well, flamboyant may be the right word, yeah! Their personalities are anything but subtle. ;) I adore them, too (who am I kidding though--I love them all).

Awwww... That makes me feel soooo good, hearing that from someone who has as sexy looking sites as you, girl! I must admit that the site won't change a lot in "form", but I certainly am sick of the white/light green theme. Blech. Time for something new!

And I will definitely be online still on MSN/AIM/etc and whatnot, so feel free to bother me to your heart's content!

I would *love* if you sent me a family--all I ask is that, if you're making them from scratch, to give them some interesting personalities to play with. I need a really diverse group of kids for Margo to grow up with! I would overflow with gratitude if you'd make me one. ^-^

!!!! *blowkisses*

mackenziie June 28, 2011 at 12:48 AM  

Is CC okay? I have CC hair, but I have all the store items and all the EPs if you want just EA stuff.

Unknown June 28, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

CC hair is fine! Don't use too many store clothing pieces if you can, though--I don't have a ton of store stuff. That's easy enough to fix if I don't, though. :) Cheers~!

mackenziie June 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM  

YAY! Here you go ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?5lwfmvicb3v8eky

Chrysame June 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

I'm looking forward to your new projects. I'll upload Tulip and her family. The kids all have bird names. More gingers for you! Except for little Lark. She's the only one without the ginger which means...she's EVVVVIIIL!

I'll pop them up tonight. The daddy is Dee's Jon Marsh.

Unknown June 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

@mackenziie: Thank you!! <3

@Chrysame: Lovely!! That sounds fantastic. *giggles* I'm already excited to have them. I will mention that Jon Marsh made a brief appearance before in Bridgeport, but... it actually could prove interesting, if Amelia ever ran into him again. ^-^ *giggle*

Thank you much, Chrysame!

Thea July 1, 2011 at 12:51 AM  

Loving your site so much all ready and I can't wait to see what you do with it in prep for the new Season.

Unknown July 1, 2011 at 3:04 AM  

Thank you so much, Thea! *smoochsmoochsmooch!* I thiiink the site theme is mostly done, now, outside of a new header going up a bit closer to when the story starts back up... Maybe some more sidebar stuff... I feel like I'm drawing a black on what else to put over there. XD

Now, all I have to do is make sure I live up to everyone's expectations, lol...! ;D *squeeze*

mmmcheezy225 July 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

Whew, and now that I've finally caught up, I will comment!

I honestly think that this was the best season so far. It was gut-wrenching and completely unexpected. It highlighted some really important life lessons, such as "what you sew, so shall you reap" and "there is good and bad in all".

Kaleeko, you deserve a break! And I wouldn't worry too much about "living up to everyone's expectations", because I think you can exceed that by trying to satisfy your expectations, which probably surpasses ours. ;) Seriously, you're brilliant.

Plus, if I ever get that annoying itch for a Desperate Sims update, I can always re-visit this season!

...which I fully plan on doing.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP