After the Storm

Thursday, June 23, 2011

As Saturday morning drifted into Saturday afternoon, Bradley Kane found himself fading in and out of consciousness with the warm breeze blowing in through the open window. He hadn't meant to take a nap, but the week had been long and his body was obviously just trying to recuperate. With what the last couple of weeks had been, he knew he probably wasn't the only one.

Still, the noise of his two giggling little girls--and his two giggling Big Girls--kept him from completely falling asleep, so after a few failed attempts of taking his nap, he reached towards the coffee table and brought yesterday's newspaper to his knee.


He really couldn't help it. Even though to him it was all old news, he found something oddly humorous about the amount of times the name 'Kane' appeared on the front page. Alesha had joked that he should just circle them all, but it wasn't until then that he realized how slightly morbid a fascination he was having with this paper.


In reality, it was far from funny to see what his family had become. Until lately, he never had realized just how prominent the 'Kanes' were in Twinbrook. He always thought he was just part of another family--but that was far from the case.

However, if they had been something before, this paper seemed to embody one simple fact: the 'empire' the Kanes had built had fallen.


♪ "Buh-raaaaaddd~!" ♫

"Mm."

"Brad! Put that silly paper down, already!"

"Huh? What--why?"

"Sweetheart--we're ready! It's time!"





~ click here for music ~


And after the storm,
I run and run as the rains come
And I look up, I look up,
on my knees and out of luck,
I look up.


Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay
But I won't rot, I won't rot
Not this mind and not this heart,
I won't rot.


 And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.


And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.


And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.


I will die alone and be left there.
Well I guess I'll just go home,
Oh God knows where.
Because death is just so full and mine so small.
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before.


And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

18 comments:

Unknown June 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

~Fin!

The ending leaves many things open ended and many questions unanswered, but, make what you will out of what you put together between the newspaper clipping and the end. They'll all be answered in due time, so I won't be doing any explaining in the meantime. ;)

I'll be posting a wrap-up in a day or so as my usual behind-the-scenes dump, talk about plans, requests, yada yada bing bang--so keep your eye out for that. Til then... Thank you for reading~!

Sara June 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

Aw, what a bittersweet ending! They're all in such interesting situations, and the birthday party was a great way to tie it all together. No matter how alone they all are at the moment, they're still a family, with a future generation to think about. Look at the situation they've left for Margo to inherit! It certainly won't be easy for her to grow up being a Kane.

Looking forward to the next season so much!

PiB - Nicarra June 24, 2011 at 3:10 AM  

Well, well, the end of the season.

Love the newspaper way to wrap up a few events. Like Lilobot has been declared an official hero by Governor Grant.

I'm glad that it looks like if Mia is cleared of the vampire Virus, she may be released again into the community. It would be good for her and Naomi. We can all hope that Brad finds a cure.

Jeb officially retired from crime fighting - and we hope from his position as the emperor of evil as well.

Must admit, I laughed when I read the name of the saviour of the Blue Bottega. :)

---

Margo is growing up!

Farewell Travis, may you find happiness in your next home. Looks like maybe Jade stuck with him at least.

Mia staring at Naomi's photo aww.
Jeb sitting at his conference table all alone. Wouldn't Carolina love to see that?

---

Still many questions but congrats on another amazing season.

Thea June 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

Great end to the season! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the next one <3

Jen June 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Awww, it was just wonderful! I loved this Finale and this whole Season, Kaleeko! Well done! ;)

I understand this being shorter because of the newspaper clipping. Fantastic job on that btw. You added every type of detail to make it look like a real newspaper clipping. I could almost smell that musty newspapery smell when I was reading it. lol

Happy Birthday to Margo! Yey! Can't wait to see what happens with her and little Kora.

Great to see the Blue Bogetta is going to stay open. I think that's Meredith's pride and joy and I'm sure she would've been crushed if it hadn't of stayed open.

I have questions about Travis and Jade but it looks like he might attempt to be a better husband. No more extra-curricular activities. lol
And their kids are growing up too!
And they're moving? I wonder where. ;)

Poor Mia. :( Until Brad & his colleagues find a cure for the HVV virus then she could be behind bars for.... I don't want to say it.

Oh Jeb. :( I hope he doesn't die alone.

Take a bow missy, you deserve it!

Jen June 24, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

I'm going to bed now, lol!

Deema316 June 24, 2011 at 6:58 PM  

Wow! I'm sort of speechless. I have been keeping up even though I haven't been commenting.

That newspaper looked so real. I was trying to find a way to turn the freakin' pages. :D

Great end of season. Leaving us hanging just like a real TV season.

Now to see if Brad can find a cure, Jeb can really stay clean this time and Carolina stays contained. Poor Mia, will she ever be cured? Will she ever be released so she can get back to Naomi?

Di Al Martini June 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

I kept on clicking the newspaper page - wanted to read more. Overall well done. Wow. I can't even figure out how you did it. Hopefully that Brad will find the cure soon.

Chrysame June 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Wonder ending. Technically impressive with the newspaper. A bit sad, a bit happy. It's pretty obvious what's happening to Travis. His poor kids.

Great seeing the Grants!

A truly moving season, Kaleeko.

Tender Wolf June 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Oh the drama! The drama! I love it! :D hehehe Wow, that was a good finale! It does leave several things open. I can't wait to find out what happens! I want season 7 now! lol From the paper articles (very creative!!!), too bad Amelia was found guilty. :( I wonder if Brad will be able to make a cure for her...looks like Travis is in deep trouble again. In fact, I think that was him I saw with all those boxes and suitcases. Jade must've had enough! Margo aged up, yay! And wow, Jeb is quitting his job? I wonder if he'll still do criminal stuff though...great job Kaleeko, can't wait to read the next season!!!

Jmh.hobbs June 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

I am addicted to Desperate Sims. It is like legit, a drug to me. Thank you so much Kaleeko for being so talented!
Wait, what is Jade's reaction to the paper, does she forgive him? 'Cause they were looking pretty lovey-dovey in that picture there.

Unknown June 26, 2011 at 12:07 AM  

I am seriously tired atm so I hope you forgive me for not responding to you each individually (though you may thank me for not spamming your inboxes, if you're subscribed, haha!).

Seriously, thank you guys all so much!!! This Season worried me a lot because I know how hard it is for something to end on a less-than-happy note--but, it was quite the journey for me as well... It warms my heart that all of you guys decided to come along for the ride~!

Also glad you guys liked the Newspaper clipping--that was REALLY fun to do, but also really taxing. Still, it ended up being the best way I could come up with wrapping everything up without this being like 40 pages long. XD

Again--all your kind words kinda make me wanna run under a rock and hide my blushing face. T__T You guys are the best!!! I couldn't ask for more amazing readers <33333

@JMHHobbs: Does she forgive him? A question that unfortunately will not be fully answered until next Season... so you'll have to wait and see. ;)

PS - Wrap-Up will be going up tomorrow, there's a request on there some of you may be interested in seeing, so keep your eye out for it! Til then... Love you guys~!

Jmh.hobbs July 3, 2011 at 5:40 AM  

Kaleeko! I am so confused as to where to post my family with a child in it, so I figured I'd link it at your most recent post. They are a big family and they don't all live together, but they are related and so I thought I'd give all of them to you. You can also find the little girl, Gracie's, uncle Chris for download if you really like him, but he is also in the big family group. Also, this will only work if you have Generations, so I am praying that you do.

Jmh.hobbs July 3, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

Whoops, fail on my part, here is the link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4291917

Unknown July 3, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

@JMH:

I posted the Wrap-Up as the main place to post links, but no worries, anywhere is fine!

Thanks so much. <3 I will add them to my game straight away! We'll have to see if I can find places to squeeze them all in, but I'm sure I will. ^-^

Jmh.hobbs July 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

Awesome, thanks Kaleeko! And on the sims website shobbs121, the person who friended you, that was me, sorry for the different usernames.

mmmcheezy225 July 4, 2011 at 3:09 AM  

Wow.

*jaw hits floor*

I cannot find words to describe this update, either because of my sleepiness or due to the sheer amount of amazingepicness in this post. I'm going to go with the latter.

Anonymous,  July 4, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

Excellent ending to an another amazing season. I love all your pictures but the one of Jebediah at this conference table was especially good. So evocative of the isolation he has brought on himself.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP