Can I Ask a Favor?

Monday, April 11, 2011

It had never been their house, but when you spend that much time living in one place, a piece of paper means little about how you feel leaving it. You don't have to own a house for it to be a home... and saying goodbye to something that won't--can't--miss you back is always incredibly hard.

Those walls had seen a lot of firsts over the last few years. Brad and Alesha's first serious relationship; their first dance  between the sheets; their first burnt breakfast together; their first child; her first smile... The only thing that made it easier was knowing that having a place they could really call their own, with many more experiences to come, would be far better than living in a tiny, cramped rented house where they couldn't even paint the walls the color they wanted.


"Are you going to miss it?" Alesha asked, Margo gurgling in her arms as they waited for their taxi to arrive.

Brad shrugged, his eyes scanning what he could see through each window, still wondering if there was anything of theirs they'd forgotten. "A bit, I think... But after all the work that went into our house, it won't be long before I've forgotten this place entirely, probably."

"I don't think I'll ever forget," Alesha said with a whimsical smile. "So many memories... But I'm glad we finally have someplace that's ours."




When the taxi arrived, they gave their last adieu's to the wooden box that'd been their house for years, and climbed into the cab with only a hiccup of hesitation.

"27 Herring Ranch Road, please," Brad mumbled to the driver as they awkwardly made themselves comfortable in the backseat.

"Ey, ain't that Juan Darer's old place?" the cab driver asked, sounding a bit confused. Clearly, that old burnt down place was the last place anyone would want to be going.

"It was, a long time ago," Brad responded, a bit of a smile crossing his lips again. "But it's definitely not the same place, anymore." Alesha cast him a warm glance; it certainly was not.


"There you are!" Meredith's voice greeted them the second they stepped out of the cab, barely even giving the driver time to pull away before she bounded towards them. "I was starting to worry you guys weren't going to show up!"

"Sorry, Alesha just insisted we triple check the house again to make sure we weren't forgetting anything," Brad muttered with a teasing glance back at his wife.


"Awww, I'm just so grateful I actually got to be here when you took the first steps into your new house!" Meredith reached out her arms, wrapping them tightly around Brad's neck, as if she hadn't seen him in years.

"I know, Mom. And I'm grateful for everything you've done getting this place built for us. Everytime I stopped by I was absolutely amazed at what you'd done--"


"And really Meredith, it looks amazing," Alesha said to her mother-in-law, in awe. "The shutters were a fantastic last minute touch!"

"Awww, you're such a sweetheart," Meredith blushed. "I just thought they'd look nice with the paint color you picked out. Really, it wasn't all my doing, Brad," she said, turning to her son. "Your wife put a lot of work into picking out all the furniture and wallpaper. All I did was help you guys put it together into a house!"


"Yeah, but considering the Bottega just opened, I didn't realize you'd have the time to have it finished by now... Seriously Mom, I can't thank you enough."

After another squeeze, the three of them backed up to give the house one, last long look; the entire lot was unrecognizable to how it used to be. It'd taken months just to get the foundations of the old house out of the way, and then several more to get the house built, and the landscaping put in. It had only been the last couple of weeks that the interior had been finished--and it was much quicker than any of them had expected.

Finally: a house, furniture, a yard, even silly little pink flamingos, all to call their very own.


"Alright, c'mon, I want to get a picture!" Meredith squealed, popping her camera out of her bag while her other hand shoo'd the two towards the front steps. "I want you two to remember this moment forever!"

"Mom, you really don't have to--" Bradley began, but Meredith cut her off.

"Nope! I won't have that! Besides, every new home needs a family portrait!"


"C'mon, say Grilled Cheese!" Meredith giggled as she carefully adjusted the zoom to focus on the happy couple.

"Grilled cheese," Brad mumbled through a bit of a fake smile, his eyes glancing at Alesha holding Margo up and cooing at her against her chest.

"Perfect!" There was a moment when Brad thought his mother might break down into childish giggles, but instead, she merely rushed over and showed them what she'd just taken.

It was just one moment, but it'd been captured forever; the very first memory they'd ever have in their new house... And, undoubtedly, many more--possibly better--were waiting just around the corner.




Being the Governor of the State of Simmissuori was not always a cup of tea. At times, it was the easiest job in the State; others, it left a sour taste in the mouth. The kind that didn't sit well with someone as upright and patriotic as Sam Grant.


These were confusing times, however, for a man in Governor Grant's position. Crime rates had been steadily rising, tariffs on goods were being raised because of the increased probability of theft in this county, and the business sector was threatening to put their money towards a different candidate if Sam didn't do something about.

So... now was the time to do something about it.


"Jebidiah Kane to see you, Governor," Marta's sultry voice spoke as she ushered Mr. Kane into the room, her words the strictest of formalities despite the very informal things she and the Governor had done between the sheets the previous night. "As you requested."

"The great Jebidiah Kane!" Sam stood up from his chair quickly, moving around his desk to approach his visitor with an extended hand. "I was wondering when I was finally going to meet you."


"Heard a lot about me, have you?" Jebidiah asked with a wry smile, taking Sam's extended hand. "I didn't realize I was that popular."

"What, you didn't think I'd know about Twinbrook's most dedicated, most decorated Private Investigator? The cells in our prison are nearly full, thanks to your work." Sam gripped Jeb's hand, shaking it stiffly. "After catching Thomas and Carolina Leman in the act, I'll never doubt your abilities again."

"I'm most honored," Jeb responded with a gracious nod of his head. "Now, if you don't mind me asking..."


"Why did I ask you here?" Sam asked for him. "Well... We best take a seat. We have much to discuss."

Jebidiah nodded--and also turned a glance to Marta, who was still standing to the side, observing the two men's discussion.

"If you'll excuse me," she uttered with a cheshire smile. "I'll leave you two to your business."


The two men lowered into their seats, waiting for Marta to close the door behind her before continuing with their meeting.

"I have to say, this all caught me at a bit of a surprise, Governor," Jebidiah said with a wave of his hand. "I'm certainly no politician, and this... well, this all is a bit out of my league, isn't it?" He smirked, then turned a glance towards Sam. "What is it, exactly, you require of me?"


"It's this crime rate, Mr. Kane," Sam said, a sense of urgency permeating his words. "I'm at a total loss what to do. I've listened to my advisors, and gotten no where. There's more burglaries, more armed robberies, and more robbed freight in this area than all the surrounding areas combined. If I don't do something soon, I'm going to lose the support of voters--not to mention, the chaos that just doesn't seem to be ending..."

"Yes, but I'm just one man, sir," Jebidiah responded, his eyebrow raised in confusion. "How exactly am I supposed to do anything about it?"


"Look, my fiancee--Marta--she speaks so highly of you... Of all your ideas on how to tackle crime, the policies you'd put in place if you were in power, to try and handle all of this rampant theft, and to create order--and, well..."

Sam seemed embarressed; all of this clearly wasn't his fault, but he still felt helpless. He was a politician, not a crime stopper, but all of his advisors were clearly not as skilled as he thought when he'd tapped them to work for him. But this man--Jebidiah--he seemed almost too good to be true. He'd be a fool not to give him a try.


"I can see where this is going, Governor." Jebidiah gave a slow nod, a firm expression masking the pure delight hiding mere layers beneath. "It would be my pleasure to help you in what ever facility I can. From now on, all my ideas, are yours."

Sam couldn't help but smile; that's exactly what he wanted to hear.


Several hours later, as the sun's light became masked and shaded by soft gray clouds, Marta's face was shielded by both shadows and her hand as laughter overcame her.

"What's so funny?" Jebidiah asked, his eyes carefully averting to the sides to make sure they weren't being watched.

"I just can't believe how easy that was, is all. I mean, all these months, just to get this close to him... And he doesn't even give a fuss."


"I know, right?" Jebidiah smirked. "But still, having the boys pick up the pace on robberies was a nice touch, Marta. I'll give you all the credit for that one."

"Well, he's more likely to listen if there's a real problem, right?" Marta said with a twinkle in her eye. "But things are going to change quite a bit, now that you have his ear..."

Jebidiah smiled, his gaze following over the gray horizon. The air felt so much clearer in his lungs, and he could feel the bounce in his step; age was stalking him, but for just a moment, he felt young again. "Yes, my dear Marta," he nodded, his arms crossing over his chest. "Everything is going to change."




"I really do miss the kids a lot," Alesha said with a smile, her mind fondly thinking back to the first semester of school. "And I feel horrible that they've had to have a substitute teacher for even this long. I owe it to them to get back as soon as I can, you know?"

Jane Pesce smiled widely, nodding eagerly in agreement. "I know, right? I mean, if I didn't have three of my own kids to look after, I wouldn'tve bothered with maternity leave, either. But, there's no way I can't. The school's just going to have to live without me, for now!" A reality she didn't seem terribly put-out by.


Shortly after Alesha had gotten pregnant, she'd quit her job as a hairstylist and realized that, as much as she loved fashion, it wasn't what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. She convinced the school to hire her as an Elementary teacher, under one condition: that she only take two weeks of maternity leave.

Since then, Alesha had been feeling amazing about the change in her life. She got to influence some amazing youngsters, and she had made a new friend: Jane Pesce, her department head as well as a teacher of a class a few grades above Alesha. Those months had been great... But now, Alesha had a baby--and a problem.

"Well, that's sort of what I came over to ask you about," Alesha said, still wearing her schmoozy smile. "Now that you're  home with the kids all day, I was wondering... Would it be alright if you, er," she hesitated. "Watched Margo during the day? Just for a few hours, and just for a couple of months..."


Jane blinked. And blinked again. "You're joking, right?" Alesha could tell that her friend was beginning to giggle. "You're funny, Alesha. Really, I wish I could--but I mean... I am swamped. Ian is a complete handful, and the twins are constantly getting into mischief. The time they're at school is my only time to relax. I'd love to help you out, Alesha, but I really can't."

Alesha felt her face fall. It was wrong of her to assume that Jane would go out of her way to help, but it still sent a rock sinking in her stomach. What were they going to do?! If they didn't find someone to watch Margo by the end of the week...


"Well.. Thanks anyways," Alesha sighed, suddenly feeling totally overwhelmed. "I just wish I knew what to do. I didn't realize it was going to be this hard to find someone to watch Margo after she was born. But... I guess we'll think of something."

"I'm sure you will," Jane responded with a bright smile. "There's always grandparents! I suppose you could always try to talk the school into giving you more time off or something, too."

"Yeah..." Alesha bit her lower lip; that didn't sound like a very good idea to her, though.


"Anyways, I was just about to put dinner on the table--you're more then welcome to join us! It'll just be a couple of minutes. Feel free to go watch TV with Moe in the other room or whatever."

Alesha nodded; Brad was working late, and Alesha certainly was never one to turn down an invitation like that...


... but as she walked into the next room, eyeing her friend's belongings, the wonderful decor, the pleasant atmosphere...


... there was a little bit more that she felt invited to take ...


... that they'd never get the chance to offer her.

25 comments:

LordCharles April 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

Oooooh, that naughty Alesha! Great chapter! The house is beautiful! Your so great at building! A couple questions that are totally irrelevant to the chapter:

1. Even though neither appeared in the chapter, I was wondering is Naomi and Amelia were an item, or just romantic interests, or nothing at all.

2. How do you make it o that you can redesign other peoples houses, and change their clothes to match and stuff?

3. Can you please build me a house??? I would REALLY appreciate it! If you say yes (fingers crossed) I'll give you an outline of what I want in a new comment.

THANKS!!! Great chapter! Can't wait for Chapter 4!

Unknown April 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

Thank you, Charles! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D Yes, Alesha is being very bad... Tsk tsk.

Answers:

1. I won't answer this now, because next post should answer this pretty clearly for ya. ;)

2. Twallan's Master Controller mod. It has an option to easily select "Stylist" mode on a sim to give them a quick makeover; to resdesign people's houses, I generally switch them to the active household (with Master Controller, it's much faster and stress-free than Edit Town) and do their deco. The house the Pesces are in, though, I redid a LONG time ago, since it's actually Farah's old house. ;D

3. I am noooott a good person to ask you to build a house, unfortunately. :( I am very slow, not very experienced (I've made all of like 3 or 4 houses), and seem to be cursed that nothing I upload installs properly for anyone. It is VERY irritating because I wish I could more easily share what I am able to make.

However, if you want someone to build you a nice house, I would *highly* recommend you jump over to TSS (The Simmer's Society--google it), there are some *phenomenal* builders there.

Many many hugs!! *squeeze*!

Sara April 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

Well well well, Alesha, stealing from poor Jane. HOW DARE YOU. /biased

Fantastic post... Jeb and Marta's plan seems to be coming together swimmingly, and poor Sam is clueless.

Meredith really DID do a fantastic job with that house!

MrsSimGirl April 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

That house is marvelous! Great work, I love building my own, it is rewarding.
Alesha! Naughty naughty! hehe Got to love a kleptomaniac :D

PiB - Nicarra April 12, 2011 at 1:30 AM  

Ah the bittersweet sensation of leaving your first home behind. Still, I know that the new place has been a work of love (officially by Mere but mostly by Kaleeko on Mere's behalf. ) A lovely homecoming for the first time.

Governor Sammy, my oh my. That's a lovely office you built for him. nice intro for our dear gullible Sam the governator.

Sammy, I must warn you, Jeb tends to play a bit rough with my Sims. Be careful. :) Jeb is indeed too good to be true.

Oh Marta, what can I say about your plot?

Alesha, poor Alesha. No idea what to do about the baby and the klepto is very strong isn't it?

Di Al Martini April 12, 2011 at 1:55 AM  

Oh I can't help from peeking a little. It's not evening my time now. Oh, Alesha! No one could have ever thought! She looks so witty though. I'm still in love with her character no matter what.

LordCharles April 12, 2011 at 3:36 AM  

Thanks! Hmmm... I'll have to look into the Master Controller Mod...

PiB - Nicarra April 12, 2011 at 3:39 AM  

LordCharles, you won't regret installing MasterController. It has many great functions that make your game better. Style the townies, switch houses easily, make Sims marry, divorce, have kids, change households, set skill levels, set job and job level...that's just a start.

Di Al Martini April 12, 2011 at 4:58 AM  

Just caught up! Wow, what a plan Jeb had made. I'm so curious to what the story of this season will lead to because you have always made awesome ending.

Marta is nice... she's a bit flirty, isn't she. :D Having busy with the governor lately. I really want to see this two have babies.

The house looks gorgeous and Alesha's expression was priceless.
She has something in common with his father in law, but Jeb seems hasn't asked her to join his group. :)

PiB - Nicarra April 12, 2011 at 5:12 AM  

I can give you a preview MJ

http://sammysimmie.blogspot.com/2010/07/hi-mum-its-sammy-clone-31-finale.html

Sam and Marta with 4 kids. Two mostly Grant, two mostly Tomasi.

Di Al Martini April 12, 2011 at 5:31 AM  

Ho ho ho... I really love their genetics.

Well, in mine Sam is married to A.J. and I don't know how their baby will look like in my game...which could be different from yours because of some of the mods I'm using like body&face sliders.

Marta is still single, though.

I love her appearance in this blog. She has lovely eyes.

@Kaleeko, not related to the story but I want to ask you a question. I often have a problem to post update via blogger in draft. I just want to know how you or PiB or anyone else uploaded the post to the blogger.

Chrysame April 12, 2011 at 8:01 AM  

Marta, Marta, Marta. You're so delightfully schemey (no, it's not a real word but it fits, darnit!) here. Enjoy Sam as much as you can 'cause I have a feeling it's all gonna blow up in your pretty little feral face. I bet she's loving her assignment.

"Marta, you must seduce the governor!"
"You mean Sam Grant? He's HOT! SCORE!"
"What?"
"I mean, it'll be a sacrifice but I'll do it 'cause I'm loyal and stuff."

Alesha, how I love thee. Even more when you're acting out due to stress. You have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, an incredibly generous mother-in-law, a great new house and career yet you're still stressing out. Been there, done that. Did I say that I love her?

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

@Amelia:

LOL! I know, BAD JANE. Still... Alesha should've figured this out *before* she had the baby, no? XD

Yeessss... Meredith is a fantastic builder. ;) *snickers* I honestly have no idea how a house like that came into being by my hand, but. I'm rather proud. ^^

As for their plans... Well. Things won't be going well forever. ;D

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

@SimGirl:

I *love* building my own too, but I'm usually so bad that it's nigh impossible for me to make one I'm actually happy with. This house, I'm *really* quite proud of.

Hehehe... Yes, Alesha is being quite bad. >:D Poor girl, she just has some impulses out of her control!

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

@PiB:

Thanks, babe! Man--it felt REALLY good to finally get them into their new house. I've been waiting to move them in for aaaages!

Sam may be gullible, but he doesn't really have a reason to doubt her, does he? Jeb *is* a decorated PI, Marta *is* in love with him... The guy really doesn't have a change figuring out he's being 'used' at this point. D;

But yes: way too good to be true. ;) But... things may not play out exactly as Jeb wants. Earning the Governor's trust may have unforseeable consequences. ;D

The klepto-pull is overwhelming, yeah. :(

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

@LordCharles:

Master Controller is AMAZING... As is most of Twallan's mods. If you don't have a problem modding your game, I highly recommend basically all of them!

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

@MJ:

The machinima hinted a little bit at how things are going to end, but... Well. To really know, you'll have to wait and find out. >:D BWAAHAHAHA! It's going to be pretty dramatic to say the least, though.

The two are going to have to get married before they have babies! :D Can't have Sam having a scandal.. but that'll happen soon. Not in the story, but in-game at least.

Yes, Alesha doooess have something in common with Jeb, doesn't she? ;) Jeb would never ask her to join his gang though, because a) she has an insanely straight morale compass, b) she hates Jeb's guts, and c) she's not exactly very *good* at stealing... Not do-it-for-a-living good, at least.

<3 Thank you so much, MJ!

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM  

@Chrysame:

AAAHAHAHAHAHA. XD YES. Eeeexactly. Thus why Marta has not revealed to Jeb that she actually likes Sam (and never will); he's a hawt, hawt sexy Governor, that's for sure!

Yep--Alesha definitely is acting out out of stress. Her life is finally almost exactly how she wants it, and all it takes is one little blip for her to ninja some useless decor from her friends house. ;D

I'm glad you love her, because I LOVE HER TOO. <3 She and Brad together make me flail with happiness. :D

Tender Wolf April 12, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

Oh my, naughty Alesha!!! I'm tempted to play a klepto Sim because it seems interesting. rofl I wonder who they'll get to watch Margo...oh boy! And uh oh, Marta and Jeb conspiring against the mayor (that's your mystery char!), eek! Can't wait to find out what happens next! If you upload Alesha's and Brad's house, and the Pesce's, let me know because I'll download them. I still need to get the Kanes placed throughout Twinbrook. haha

Unknown April 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

Helloooo, my lovely darling TenderWolf!

Kleptos are fun--I'm constantly looking at their inventories going, "what the heck, where this come fro--ooohhh.." The possibilities story-wise are pretty immense, too. I personally like the less "helpful" traits for that reason. Bad traits make for good storytelling. ;)

As for the mayor/Governor--like I said on TSS, he's not the mystery character, although I can see why you'd think that because he hasn't exactly appeared before. The mystery char will be appearing... next post! Bwaaahaha!

I'll see what I can do about uploading their house--I may just try to upload the family/house as a packaged deal, see if that works.

The Pesces, however, are not mine--they're Amelia's, from A Simple Life. If you want them, you're gonna have to bat your eyes at her instead!

Anonymous,  April 16, 2011 at 5:02 AM  

I was not expecting that from such a sweet person. She must be a kleptomaniac, which can be a sign of more serious mental illness--I hope that is not the case.

Unknown April 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

A klepto indeed she is. :) She's not mentally ill, she just had a very poor, unspoiled upbringing that left her with a serious envy for other people's things... though that could qualify as a mental disorder. I think she's more just troubled.

Jen April 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

Oh Alesha!! How could you!!
I guess she just couldn't resist, eh? lol

Oh another wonderful chapter Kaleeko.

I was smiling through out the whole scene with Meredith. She is such a cute grandma! And insisting that she take a family photo too.
I love the house, just gorgeous. It's got that rustic charm of Twinbrook. ;)

Now what's Jeb up to with the Governor? Up to no good I'm guessing. lol

On to the next chapter...

Unknown April 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM  

Alesha's driven by impulses that are out of her control, unfortunately... That and she may have been feeling a TAD unconciously vengeful after being denied. ;D

Meredith makes a ridiculously cute gramma. Finally, a calling to which she'd be good at!

When is Jeb ever up to any good? ^^ Heee.

Thank you, Jennifer! /muah!

ElaynaS May 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

Brad and Aleesha got a new house (which is gorgeous), this is exciting. I love reading about the happy couple, makes me feel so many happy vibes. I'm seriously hoping they have another child.

I adore Aleesha's flaw of being a klepto. It makes the perfect family more realistic since no family is actually perfect, they just pretend to. I think I may go back and download the family later.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP