Exchange Item: The Blue Bottega & Kane Family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I was planning on leaving this 'til after I was finished with the storyline, but I wanted to just get them up already. I know, I know, I'm impatient. What can I say, I'm just excited to be done with these things. :)




Alright, the first thing I uploaded is my newest community lot for Twinbrook; as you may recall from earlier in the Season, Meredith decided to renovate an old house in town and turn it into an Art Studio.

Since this building will likely be used as a set quite a lot in the coming Seasons, I worked really hard trying to give it as "Meredith-y" a feel as I could; crazy, wild color combinations, thrift-store-like mishmash of decorations, but with a cozy feel that makes the place more about relaxing and community than just workworkwork.

The Blue Bottega


bot-te-ga [boh-tey-guh] :: the studio of a master artist, in which lesser artists, apprentices, or students learn by participating in the work
Epic name, right? XD Also follows in the trend of name Twinbrook lots with alliterated adjective titles: The Red Rendezvous, the Steel Stallion, yada yada. Now I just need the Yellow Yowler or something... Hm. I don't wanna know what kind of lot THAT would be. Anyways.

You may recognize the building if you've ever played Riverview; instead of trying to build my own lot or find one suitable in Twinbrook, I chose the 'Wrap-Around Deck' house that's built into a corner in one of the neighborhoods of Riverview. I've always loved that house, but never actually used it for any of my Sims... So I'm glad I finally found a use for it.


Since it's technically a business, the first thing you'll encounter when walking through the door is the alcove where you can purchase things people have made (well, in your imagination), or you can really purchase things by heading over to the Register, which is the Consignment Store register, so it does spawn a townie to work there (though I'll probably use the Register mod to assign a Sim living in town at some point).

I figured it'd be useful to have there to consign off stuff that Sims have made while painting/sculpting here.
Since this image doesn't show a lot, here's the full image, that shows how the counter is oriented towards the front door and the sculpting room.


I was pretty amused to find that my town's NPCs actually used the sculpting wheels when left to their own devices. There's only two in here, but there's another hidden away in the garage if there's a sculptor about who wants some privacy.


The painting room is up on the second floor, which makes it easier to get a nice view of the surrounding area (and consequently let in a lot of natural light for the painters). I originally had the lot placed next to the river, so it had a pretty nice view, but I later moved it to get it a more accessible location in town... The view still isn't too bad though.


This seems to be everyone's favorite room over at TSS, and I can't blame them. The color combo is very... 'uneclectic' compared to the rest of the building, but still pretty vibrant. And that maroon is pretty wicked.


This is also sort of the "landing" right when you come up the stairs. It has a dollhouse tucked around the corner as well (which is actually more for Meredith herself than any visiting kids), but basically this is either where you dump your kids when you go to paint, or where you come to crash with some friends.



I know this isn't a color scheme that anyone would really be all that wild about (omg, it's a carrot!) but ever since I saw a home-design show where they used a "Tuscan" color scheme (oranges, yellows, greens and browns; bright organic colors), I wanted to do it myself. Since the whole purpose of this studio is to be "off the wall" and take artistic liberties, I went for it.

Why is there a kitchen in an art studio, you ask? So the artists don't become starving artists, durh! ^^


You can see that the kitchen (and the sculpting room, to the "right" of the frame) lead onto the patio, where there's more easels. And, as you can see, my town's NPCs were have some fun right before I took these shots.


Further down off the deck; here's a little platform, where there are more easels, and a couple of chairs for observers.

You can also see the garage door, that leads into a garage that's basically just filled with crates and a sculpting wheel. It's the storage facility for all the art supplies, o'course! It serves no actual purpose except as a set.

That's the extent of the "formal" images for the lot, but if the limited angles leave you wanting to see more, you can view the entire WIP album for the lot here.




This is *definitely* preemptive, but since Season 6 is rolling out around the corner I've uploaded the family again, except this time it's on the "next generation", in Legacy terms.

Now their baby's name won't be a surprise or anything, but that's okay.



This is also the first time I've uploaded Alesha, but if anyone has a hankering for her as just a single sim, keep an eye on my studio because I'll be uploading her as one relatively soon.




Hopefully both these items work, since I seem to have that problem rather frequently; if anyone gets the hankering to download them, please let me know if they install properly or not.

Story will resume soon, once I get some sleep and take care of my severely neglected house. Stupid dirty dishes. I curse thee! *mutter*

Anywhos, cheers!

27 comments:

Sara March 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Oh how cute!! Cute house AND cute family! I'm definitely downloading them. I will let you know if they work!

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Thanks Amelia! :D Keeping my fingers crossed.

(FYI, the house is a community lot, so it'll be underneath the Community Lot tab after you install it--it works best set as a "Hangout" :) )

Sara March 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

Okay, the Kanes installed perfectly, but I could not install the Blue Bottega as I don't have HELS, and my launcher got quite angry at me.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

Boo. :( That's too bad. I'm gonna keep my ears out in case it's a problem beyond that. I always seem to have a problem getting my lots to work, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if it were something else.

Sara March 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

My launcher specifically stated that it was because I didn't have HELS, if that helps any! The Kanes are enjoying a nice quiet life in Riverview, however, so everything is hunky dory there. Margo is a cuty!

Sara March 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

Oh my gosh, spelling. Cutie*

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

Hm! I still think that's a bit odd, since I installed a family recently that had lots of Fast Lane items I didn't have, but it just replaced all the stuff I didn't have... It also kind of makes me laugh, because the only HELS item on the entire lot is a wall hanging. ;D

All babies are cute! ^^ Which reminds me, I gave Jane her baby bump, so she should be having a kid roughly the same age as Margo. Woo!

Sara March 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

Exciting! You'll have to let me know how the baby turns out. My baby won't be born until the end of this season, so it'll be a while! ;) I hate how fast the default pregnancies are- that's only 3 days for all the storytelling I wanted to do while she was pregnant. So at the moment, she's paused at 40 hours of pregnancy.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

I'll be sure to let you know. :D Especially if he/she is at school with Margo, they'll pry see each other a lot. But that will be along, long time myself.

I feel the same way about pregnancies; I downloaded a pregnancy extension mod that ups it to 9 days, which is perfect for my current age span.

Also, if you want to give it another go, I uploaded another BB copy, this one stripped of HELS and Store and CC items (I did forget a Store coffe table, but it SHOULD be fine). Give it a whirl, but if this one doesn't work I think I'm just outta luck.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3857411

Sara March 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

Got the same error! Ah well. Could very well be my game, though, it's been temperamental for the past few days. Hopefully other people had better luck.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Bummer. :( That's super lame... Ah well. It's not the end of the world. I didn't build it specifically to be shared, otherwise I'd probably slam my head against the desk until it worked. ^^

Instead I'll spend my time doing more productive things... Like writing. :D

Sara March 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Yes yes! Write! We want to see what happens to Mia! ;)

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

And that I am! Buzzing away quite well, at the moment. :) I'm not sure if I'll finish by tonight, but I'll try.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

Yay, half done! Now, should I go all out and finish this tonight, or post it tomorrow?

I give you the option because, I may not be able to work on the next post for a couple of days (I have a bunch of paperwork madness I need to do), which means it may be another week til I can finish it.

I'm bad at making these sorts of decisions. ;D

Sara March 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

Oh my gosh I fail at decisioning. Of course we'd like to see it as soon as possible, but you've got to do what you've got to do!

PiB - Nicarra March 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

Finish post tomorrow so we have a smaller gap between that one and the one after is my vote.

It's been a while since you've put out quite this many posts this quickly my dear. I'm not used to it.

Sara March 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

PiB raises an excellent suggestion!

Sara March 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

By the way, Kaleeko, the Brad in my game is constantly rolling wants to get a tattoo. I'm honestly considering letting him get one, just for the fun of it.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Ha! That's too funny. ^^ If he wants one so bad, let him have it! Can't give you any advice on what sort of Tattoo he might get, though... *ponders* I've never thought about it, before.

PiB - Nicarra March 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

If you have Twallan, note his exact age because getting a tattoo == a sip from the fountain of youth.

Jerod became 2 days younger, Tania gained 4 days. I put them both back to what they were.

Brad - The celtic knot? Something more abstract, not the knife...

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

Yeah, I hate how the stylist station/tattoo chair messes with ages. I've gotten in the habit of just using Master Controller to apply tattoos, instead.

Mmm... Honestly, I'm not help on tattoo choices. I could see him getting the Pi symbol on his wrist or something, but they don't have that. ;D Aaah, he's such a nerd.

Sara March 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Lol! We will see, we will seeeee.

By the way, Margo is ADORABLE. I can't wait til she ages up to a child.

Unknown March 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Heee!! I have to agree. I've taken lots of sneak-peaks at what she looks like as she gets older, and she's definitely a very unique, but innocent, looking sim. I just want to squeeze her!

I take it she's already a toddler in your Riverview game? ^^ Someone's been playing a bit!

Sara March 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

Haha yeah, I'm ahead in my screenshots so I'm taking a break and playing the Kanes for a bit! She aged up on day 3, so she's about 3 days into the toddler stage.

Jen March 12, 2011 at 1:38 AM  

Looks absolutely awesome Kaleeko!

I love all the rooms but my favorite would have to be the drawing room. The contrast of purple and black together gives a very inspiring feel to the room.

Big awwww to Bradley, Alesha and little Margo! She's so sweet and lovely name. :)

Unknown March 12, 2011 at 2:11 AM  

Thank you, Jen! :D What's funny is I actually got the idea for that purple/black color scheme from some TV show I was watching... Not sure why it's never possessed me to use that shade of purple before.

Isn't the name Margo *cute*? I wasn't partial to it when I first heard it, but I saw it in the book Paper Towns, and then the name of one of your readers is Margo, and I just kept seeing it and falling in love with it and decided, to heck with it! She's Margo!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP