Character Bio: Meredith Kane

Friday, March 18, 2011

Name: Meredith (Jones) Kane
Current Age: Adult
Career: Owner and Manager of the Blue Bottega Art Studio (Retired Artist)
Traits: Childish, Good Sense of Humor, Loner, Artistic, Neurotic
Favorites: Aqua, French Music, Stir-Fry
Star Sign: Cancer
Theme Song:  The Story - Brandi Carlile

Maturity has never been one Meredith's strong suits. She's impulsive, silly, easily bored, naive, and sometimes a little bit stupid. She has her moments, but over-all, she's never been a very ideal mother to her children--more a big sister with a tad too much authority.

It's easy to see why Meredith turned out this way looking back at her early life, though. Meredith grew up in a rather strained household; her parents were both rather sickly--so by the time that she and her older sister Tana were teenagers, her parents had died and left them on their own. Her older sister then had the responsibility to care for Meredith, who had begun to become a rather paranoid emotional wreck. In order to cope with the stress of her parent's death and foster care, Meredith withdrew from almost all social activity outside of school, and recessed back into the behavior and mannerisms of a young child.

Luckily enough for her, Jeb had been oddly smitten with her from a young age, so despite her shy, secluded nature she instantly clung to him, and was grateful to move out into his home as soon as she graduated High School. Not long after that they were married--so, as you can imagine, any independence that Mere should have developed was instantly tossed out the door.


While she may be a constant basket case, her light-heartedness has given her the ability to pursue her dreams. She became a remarkable artist and photographer, which gave her great strength as an interior designer for quite some time; however, as the years began to pass by and she realized that there was not much of her life left as she imagined, Jebidiah encouraged her to use their wealth to give a go at her final dream: an art studio all of her own. Now she owns and manages her own business--something that, early in her life, she never would have believed she was capable of.

However, the journey to where she is now was a rough one. It's because of Meredith that the Kanes are on the run from the law; she made the mistake of covering up the accidental death of Chandra Hawkins, a woman who was attempting to frame her husband for murder. She's had to deal with bounty hunters on their tail, Chandra's ghost haunting her, and an unfortunate mistake of cheating on Jebidiah when things became more than she could handle.

"I...Yes. The past few weeks, I've slowly been remembering all of this, and... I can't live with the guilt, anymore. I know what I did was only to protect myself, but... It was wrong. And maybe... Maybe by doing this, I can get you proved innocent, a-and I can make sure our kids aren't raised by a m-m-murderer--"

"Meredith. You are many, many things, but none of them is a murderer. You are a brave woman who made a hard decision to try to protect this family, and... Now, you are again. I... I'm so sorry I ever put you in this position. And even more sorry I ever doubted you."
-- Meredith & Jebidiah Kane
"Guilt and Innocence"

Yet, Meredith has grown stronger because of all of it. Though perhaps it's Jebidiah's fault that she was led down the path of mistakes she travelled, all those mistakes have added up to who she is now... Even if she's not entirely pleased that, even after it all, Jebidiah has decided to remain a thief, and the Emperor of Evil.

Still, as hard as it's been for her to cope with her husband being a criminal, she's come to realize she never would have made it through life without his strength at her side. She has consistently proved that she is willing to do anything to keep him safe; despite everything they've been through, every step (and misstep) they've taken has been together, giving them one of the strongest bonds of love that any could hope to have.

Wife of Jebidiah Kane
Mother of Travis, Bradley, and Amelia

You can download Meredith here as a single Young Adult sim, or here as an Adult with her husband and three children as youngsters.

15 comments:

PiB - Nicarra March 18, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Poor Meredith,

She's never really made it out of secondary character in my mind. You know she's there and that her family loves her. but that's really about it.

But I'm guilty of that so many times over. The spouse is just kind of there. Rare that they are more than that to the reader, even when they are incredibly important to your other Sims.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

She's been a bit of a secondary character, yeah. Her life for the most part has been good--outside of what happened in Season 1--so there just wasn't really a lot to say about her. Particularly in Season 4, she hardly appeared at all.

Still, she's a very important character in that she's essentially Jeb's world, and she's particularly special to me because of all the characters I have the most in common with her. So even though readers may see her as secondary, she's very Not Secondary to me.

That's something to kind of aim to fix with Alesha, though--to make her as equally a part of the story as Brad, or even moreso, since Brad's already spent enough time in the limelight.

Sara March 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM  

Hmm, I never viewed her as secondary, but then I jumped in in Season 2, so Meredith was pretty prominent. She's actually always been one of my favorites, along with Alesha/Amelia/Travis.

She's a great character, and I'm glad you posted her bio because I feel like I get to understand her more! She's got quite a lot in common with Jane, I think, particularly the immaturity/childishness. And I definitely can see her struggle to become more independent and stand on her own while still raising her family. It's nice to see where she came from!

PiB - Nicarra March 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM  

I feel the same way about Vanessa Grant. She is extremely important to Phillip, he will die without her. But how much anything else comes across in the blog ... unknown.

I do know that Jeb is devoted to her. And that does make her special but still secondary.

Alesha at least has some traits that may make her interesting. Phillip's mom Judy was important to her family but completely impossible to write about as an individual.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM  

Yeah, she was pretty prominent in both Season 1/2, and even 3; it's only been recently she's tapering off, which will happen to Jeb too after this next portion of the story.

It's funny writing about Meredith's early life, because it was totally unconstructed by me. Her parents really did die when she became a teen, and EA really did move a bunch of random nobodies in with her that she absolutely hated. The only person she got along with in her house was her sister.

It's also strange to look at both her and Alesha, two sims born to EA sims that I had absolutely no hand in their traits or lives, and yet they still turned out interesting enough for me to love.

I definitely agree-she and Jane have a lot in common. :) Which, considering how much I have in common with Meredith myself, I adore Jane all the more for that. :D

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Hahahaha, PiB. Admit it, you just don't ever like any of my female characters. ;D You like the boys. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Sara March 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

Wow, that's interesting! I've never seen EA orphan anyone (though I only recently started using Story Progression like a month ago, so). It's impressive that you managed to take two characters you didn't create and still make them flourish!

PiB - Nicarra March 18, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

Untrue.

I liked Em so much she migrated to my game. And I'm hoping that Naomi is going to be back for the season. Preferably as someone very important but we'll see.

And Farah was interesting, we just didn't get to know her very well.

But I will admit that the current Kane family, Jeb, Brad and Travis have far more appeal then Mere or Mia. Mia - after last season - may come across differently now.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

EA orphaned several of my Sims before I started using Twallan's SP, especially because Sims would have babies like RIGHT before they became elders. I'm glad I requested Twallan add an option to SP to fix that, because srsly, it drove me craaazy.

Honestly, I think you can take even the blandest set of traits and make an interesting character out of them. I got particularly lucky with Mere and Alesha, though. I adore them both to kittens.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

Haha--you liked the females I featured the least. ;D Except Naomi, I guess. Not all that comforting, but it's a start I guess.

Though, I have a feeling you'll really like Margo, PiB. Actually.. I'm pretty sure *everyone* will like Margo, because what I have planned for her is going to make it really hard not to like her. ^^ That's one of the only reasons right now I wished I played a little faster!!

I'm really unsure how people will feel about Mia after this next season. Jerod kind of.. broke her, in a way. She's Mia, but she'll be a changed Mia. I won't know for certain exactly how she'll change until I start writing, though.

PiB - Nicarra March 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

:) Well, we have yet to properly meet Margo but I'm sure we can all grow to love her.

Everytime I read that last bit I think - ok, Jerod kind of broke Mia - that seems fair enough since Jeb permanently broke Jerod. A changed Mia could be interesting - we'll have to see.

Sara March 18, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

I love Margo already- Coward and Clumsy, two of my own traits! XD Sounds like she's going to grow up to be quite the cutie.

So you're responsible for the "no child near elder" option! Excellent.

Unknown March 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

We'll have to see about Mia. :) She may or may not be more interesting based on how she'll change, but... yeah, we'll see!

I'm really excited about the traits I picked out for Margo, definitely. ;D I had to cheat to give her Coward so early, but... I always thought it was a little inconsistent that you can be Brave when you're born but not Cowardly.

Haha, yeah. ;D I got on my knees and begged for that option, because Elders with babies is just... wrong.

Jen March 19, 2011 at 3:58 AM  

Too true about her being more of a big sister with authority to her children. In some ways though I think that can be better. Gives them a little more of a free reign.

Meredith and Amelia are very much alike, would you say?

She has been through a lot, especially with Jeb. lol But I think she underestimates her own strength at times.

Great job on these bio's Kaleeko! :)

Unknown March 19, 2011 at 5:37 AM  

Thank you, Jen! :D

Yes, Meredith and Amelia have a *lot* in common. They're both pretty emotional people who don't do well under high-stress situations, they're both fairly immature... Meredith's much more light-hearted though, where Amelia would probably dissassemble her computer with a baseball bat if it wasn't cooperating. She's much, much more temperamental and tragic and self-pitying. ;D And she looooves the spotlight, whereas Meredith would probably have an anxiety attack on-stage. But... Like mother like daughter, I suppose!

<3!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP