Character Bio: Bradley Kane

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Name: Bradley Kane
Current Age: Young Adult
Career: Top Secret Researcher (Science)
Traits: Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, No Sense of Humor, Eccentric, Grumpy
Favorites: Lime Green, Pop Music, Fish and Chips
Star Sign: Capricorn
Theme Song: Falling Awake - Gary Jules

Ever since he was a little boy barely tall enough to sit at the dinner table, the most important thing to Bradley has always been his intelligence. Though he has never been tested as a genius, his brilliance has achieved far more than anyone the likes of Twinbrook has ever seen. Motivated by his curious spirit, he not only invented many contraptions to make daily life for the people of Twinbrook easier, he invented a machine that proved the existence of the space-time continuum--and with that, disputed the very laws of physics themselves.

And yet, for all his brilliance and intelligence, his accomplishments still mean very little to him. Bradley is one whose pride has always been his downfall; he believes he could do anything, build anything... So despite his great successes, the ones that could not achieve the desires of his heart are only considered failures in his eyes.

For, in truth, the tale of Bradley is not one of achievements. Even his Time Machine, his greatest 'success', was a failure to him; it was built in the hopes of saving the girl he once loved from death... And when he learned he could not, he was almost driven to madness over his inability to do so. If it were not for intervening forces, the Brad that we know would not exist today.


However, though there is great sadness in him, it is because of Alesha's entrance into his life that this broken man was able to be made whole again. Through her kindness and generosity, Brad was able to regain most of the sweet, gentle person that he was, and he learned that it was possible for him to fall in love again--but there will always be a piece of him missing that can never be replaced. Because of it, even at his happiest there is always part of him that can never remain truly optimistic or content with his life. He will never be the same, again.

Still, despite it all, Brad has achieved greatness even his grandmother would be proud of. With confidence in Bradley's ingenuity, Twinbrook's Science and Research Facility hired him straight out of High School, where he quickly found himself booted up the ranks; and now, he is one of the youngest researchers ever to gain Top Secret security clearance. If there is one thing that he knows will never cease to give him joy, it's his love and curiousity for learning and developing technology--so there are few that would dispute that Twinbrook is lucky to have Bradley on their team.

"Wait! Wait wait wait!" All eyes turned to Bradley when the blonde brother started jumping up and down a little on his toes. "I know what that is! It's that new weather-resistent, multi-purpose cosmetic fibroglass they've been developing down in Section Five--"

"BRAD!" Now it was Travis' turn to groan again, this time into the palm of his hand. "Could you please stop geeking out for one second of your life?! It's embarressing!"
-- Bradley & Travis Kane
"Narcissism"

When Brad's not working on his latest invention or spending gobs of time with the family he adores, he can often be found cracking open a cold one while trying to catch a new fish to put as a trophy on his wall--or, following his constant quest to try and find a sense of humor... or at least find someone that understands the one he has.


Husband of Alesha Kane
Son of Jebidiah and Meredith Kane
Brother of Amelia and Travis

You can download Bradley here as a single Young Adult sim, here as a Child with the rest of his family, or here as married with his first child.

12 comments:

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 2:34 AM  

As you may notice, my impatient self went ahead and updated the site theme. Ironic, that it's such a brighter theme and yet it's not going to be a much "brighter" Season. ;D Prepare for drama llamas!

This is the last Bio (for now); I'll be doing one Synopsis, and then I'll be out of town for 4 days, and then--perhaps--once I return I will begin our journey into Season 6.

Added note: In case you do peek at Brad's theme song, his wasn't chosen based on the lyrics but based on the fact that I did a majority of my writing/brainstorming for him while listening to it. The tone of the song is very much Brad, to me. :)

Anywhos. Peaches!

PiB - Nicarra March 22, 2011 at 3:26 AM  

Ah Brad, our tragic hero. Driven to the brink of murder and madness by that which could not be.

I am glad you have found someone to love after all that.

Word of advice, grab the family and run away - far away from your Sim controller. LOL

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

He can run, but he can't hide. >:D

Brad and Alesha actually get off the best by the end of this next Season, which is saying a lot, considering how generally it's Brad who's always drawn the short straw. Is Kaleeko finally starting to pity him? Hmmm.

I adore him, though. I basically see him as "The Boy Who Could Have Been Dr. Horrible", if Alesha hadn't 'saved' him so to speak. I wuvz him.

Sara March 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

Excellent assessment of Brad and Alesha, I must say. GOOD THING THE TIME MACHINE DIDN'T EXPLODE AND KILL ALESHA, just saying.

I love the new theme, but your predictions for this season are so dire!

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

Oh man.... That... would have been so ironic. By trying to save the girl he loves, he kills the girl that loves him. XD Good thing I didn't think of that!!

Yeah, I do sound a bit ominous don't I? ;) I just wanna make sure everyone's prepared for baaassically a whole manner of things to go terribly wrong. It may all have a happy ending, buuuttt... I just want everyone to be prepared. XD

Sara March 22, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

Oh God, Kaleeko XDDD You would have done that if you'd thought of it, wouldn't you?

Meh, after last season, I think I'm prepared. TORTURE THEM SIMS.

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Hahah!! Weeelll.. I would've considered it, likely, but in all honesty I wanted Brad to have a happy ending. But I was seriously debating turning him the 'Evil' trait instead of 'Grumpy' for a while.

Bwaahaha!! I shall torture away, indeed. >:D Ish gonna be fun.. For me, anyways! *cackle*

Sara March 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

Baha, Evil!Brad would have been fun, but I really do love how that season turned out. I can't really imagine it any other way!

I think I need to alternate torturing/giving my sims happy stories. I can't decide which this season will be >:[

Unknown March 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Yesh... Evil-Brad would be fun. >:D

A good mix of happy/torture is always good! I think alternating is a good idea, but mixing the two into sort of 'bittersweet' is always good, too. You'll figure out what works best for you the more you write! Can honestly say, I haven't a clue what direction you'll take at the end of your first season--and I LOVE that. :D

Sara March 22, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Baha, that makes one of us.

I was going to end the season with Chase dying and making it all ANGSTANGST but like I said, he got a reprieve and it became a murder mystery.

Jen March 23, 2011 at 2:21 AM  

Brads story has always felt the most 'real' to me, Kaleeko. He has gone through so much and luckily came out of the downward spiral he was in thanks to a lovely and sweet girl by the name of Alesha.
She always believed in him and, really, I think she saved him.

There were so many moments I loved in Brad's story. The happiness, the pain, the awkwardness.

I think he'd be a very dedicated husband and father. :)

Unknown March 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

Awwwww. <3 Thank you, Jen. :) I feel so much the same way, so it's great to hear someone else say that. If this were a 'Legacy', he'd be the obvious choice as an heir... But I'm glad it's not.

He's definitely going to be one of the better examples of husband/father in the blog, that's for sure! Haha, none of the males in my story really are, so far. ^^

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP