It's That Time of Year...

Friday, December 24, 2010

As possibly redundant as it is to say yet again, I want to wish you all a Merry, Merry Christmahannakwankza! Whatever it is you celebrate this time of year -- or if you celebrate nothing at all -- I wish you all the very best, and hope your holidays are filled with warm blankets, hot chocolate, and fond memories. :)


Lookit that... such a happy family, huh?


Since I've been in the Christmas-y spirit the past few weeks, I really wanted to give you all each something gifty in order to show the HUGE appreciation I have for everyone that has been a loyal reader of my blog, but unfortunately what I would like to give--simpoints, because who doesn't love simpoints?--is not something that's within my budget to do right now. At some point along the line I would like to, but until I'm beyond counting the pennies in my wallet at the cash register, that's not going to be practical.


However, while I may not have money, I do have time--and one thing I'm able to do with my time is make stuff. I may not be the most artistic person in the world, but I was given the gift of loving to draw, and that is a gift I'd like to share with all of you.


Again--thank you to all of you for not only reading my blog and giving consistent comments and feedback, but for yourselves writing some amazing, dramatic, witty, and entertaining stories that continue to keep my own enthusiasm for writing going. I hope these are a measure enough of my gratitude for all of you. :)




In no specific order:

- To MJ -

 MJ, I can't remember the last time I read a Sim story as thought provoking, emotional, and elequently written as the one you've shared with us. Your writing never fails to make me jealous--and it's not even your first language!--but reading it continually inspires me to achieve to be better. To be a better writer, a better screenshot taker, set-up artist, you name it--you inspired me to take the initiative to put more effort into what I post, and it wouldn't be without your encouragement and your own talents that I feel as good about what I make today.

Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us, and providing such a phenomenal story with so very human, realistic characters. I can't wait to see how they continue to grow and change as your story progresses. :)


- To Jennifer -

Jen, it's been a blast reading your story and getting to know your strangely sexy, but totally human, strong and flawed, characters. Your writing's improved so much since you first started telling the tale of Will Seymour, and every update I'm constantly wow'd by your beautiful screenshots and powerful imagery. I can't wait to see what twists and turns you take from here on out, as I'm constantly surprised by what you have in store for them. It's been a huge joy to read everything you write... As well as all the screenshots of the smokin' sims you've got. Rawr! ;D

Even though you didn't start reading my story until I was already into like, Season 3, you still bravely trudged through and commented on every single one of my posts, and that shows a dedication that's seen few and far between. Thank you so much for not only sharing your talents, but helping to support my own. Many <3's.


- To PiB -

 Ooooooh, PiB, where do I begin? Not only am I constantly impressed on how you're able to simultaneously juggle several different blogs, but you have an unparalleled dedication to your sims, their personalities, and their families. There's no crevice of Simdom you aren't willing to try out--even just letting your Sims go wild on their own and giving them the freedom to make their own choices. I have absolutely no idea how you juggle it all, but you consistently bring something new to the table that keeps me interesting every one of your numerous, but lovable, posts. You make me giggle, d'aaww, and gasp--I mean really. Who else would've thought to put Thomas and Jeb together? Silly, silly PiB. ^^

It's been awesome getting to know you the past few months, and I've appreciated your company so much during my lonely insomnia nights. Not only do you have an awesome affection for your own Sims, but your affection for others' sims--namely some of my own (coughBradcough)--keeps me invigorated to keep writing from the bottom of my heart, like you write about your beloved Sammy. :)

- To Chrysame -


 Even though you've decided to move on from blogging, I thank the heavenly peaches that you've still decided to stick around, because you're an incredibly witty, insightful, and intelligent gal. I know I'm not the only one that's said that you've got an uncanny knack for prediction--but I imagine it's because you have a way of reading and understanding that makes you an amazing person to have as both a reader and a friend. I hope that you continue to stick around and share your delightful kermit-flails, gift-ninjaing, Star Wars jokes, ideas, and predictions with us--not having you around would make Kaleeko a hugely sad panda.

But, I still can't hold myself back from saying how much I absolutely miss your blogs--both your Mayweathers and your Tomasi women were incredibly fun to read about, not only because of their vivid personalities but because of the voice and character that you put into them. Your stories never failed to make me laugh, and I hope that you never forget how awesome I--and we--thought they were.

- To Raisin Hale -


I wish your internet connection was better, girl, because I miss you!! It'd be great to see you around more to get to know you even better, but for now I will say that I'm so glad that you've continued to share both the Rojo's and Katalina with us. You have such a fun approach to creating unique and zany sims, and reading about Katalina especially makes me laugh--she's got such an awesome attitude, and the story you've told with her so far is one I can't wait to enjoy as time goes on and you're able to write more.

But, I hope you also know how much I appreciate taking what time you're able to share stories about your sims not only to write, but to continue to keep up with the Kanes even though I know you're not always able to comment without your net goin' all haywire. ;) I can't thank you enough, but hopefully my enthusiasm for Katalina--and her sexy new look!--help you know how thankful I am. :)

-- To MmmmmmmmmmmCheezay! --


 Although Angie hasn't been around for very long, she turned what feature I begrudgingly disliked about Late Night--ugh, vampires--and made me laugh hysterically about her antics and family. (That Thame is a handful!) Your stories have always entertained me so much, from Sandy's confrontations with Angelina, to your new take on the Sims, Six Degrees, which is an incredibly refreshing change of pace that not only threw me for a loop, but showed me what incredible talent you have for story telling. I honestly am so moved by your first post there, and I can't wait to see where you decide to take it next -- but for now, I thought I'd show you my affection for Angie, because she (and her family) are incredibly entertaining.

I can't wait to see more story, more of that perpetually growing world of yours, and hopefully more of your fun, evil little vampire family!


And last, but certainly not least:
- To Dee -

Let's see... Josh Hamilton, Jon Marsh, Carolina North, Sara Bradley, Katherine Irish--just a few of the many incredibly entertaining, incredibly hilarious sims that you've introduced me to over the past few months. Your commentary with them is always so goofy and witty, and no--I could never ever get sick of it. Your sims always have such attitude and spunk, and who would you be not to egg them on, Ms. Dee? Please, let us see their true colors! Be the evil dictator!

I considered for a while drawing Carolina--because you know very well how much I adore the kittens outta that evil little wench--but I also incredibly adore your newest girl-with-attitude, Kat, and I want you to know how excited I am to know how much longer you've decided to continue writing about her. She's a whole heck of a lot of fun--just like you. :D Not only have you shared such awesomeness with us, though, but you've given me your time to not only read my story, but to really *feel* it. You always say how stories with the Kanes make you feel, and that really means the world to me.




Okay, so that's enough gushy-gushy from me. Don't expect me to get all lovie-dovie for a while, because that should be, like, a years worth of huggysmoochycuddliness. ^^


Still, I hope you know that, silly Sim doodles aside, you guys are the coolest cats out there. I may not have many dedicated readers, but it's because I don't have many that I'm able to pour so much of my own dedication into all of your amazing sims and stories. I hope as time goes on, it stays that way. :)


Now, all I ask is if you repost these anywhere, to please put a link back to me (or my art site here, doesn't matter) since I neglected to put my signature on any of the drawings. I don't care what you do or don't do with them, though--they're for you, not for me. :)


Merry, Merry Christmas, guys. :)

(Also, I may post another Christmas-related Sim Kane picture, but I haven't had the time to make anything today. We'll see about later this weekend. But... for, now, TTFN!)

17 comments:

Deema316 December 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Awwww, Kaleeko, that is just awesome. You are such a great artist and now I'm in search of tissue because this all brought tears to my eyes.
Your art has shown their true personalities and the wonderful things you wrote are just.....well...wonderful.
Can't find the dang tissues. Guess I'll have to grab the TP. :)

Merry Merry Christmas. <3

Unknown December 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

<3<3<3 Merry Christmas, Dee. *squeezes!*

And, thank you. :)

Anonymous,  December 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Kaleeko, I'm so touched by your gift. It's beautiful, not just the lovely drawing but what you said to each of us.

I gotta say, Sammy looks...wow...drool worthy. I think it's the way his eyes smolder in that pic. Yes, they smolder!

Love you!

PiB - Nicarra December 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

Well my dear Kaleeko,

You leave me in massive jealousy of the effort you dedicate to your storylines, your screenshots, and your care in writing. Your blog has improved over time, cruising over old blog posts reveals that.

And you've done such a great job with the drawings. I did have a sneak preview but the final versions are great. Sammy is looking mighty fine. :)

Unknown December 24, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

@Chrysame - Love you, too! <3

@PiB - Awwww. :( <3 Thank you. You know though, if you had the crazy amount of free time I have, you'd be able to do the same. And, you know, one blog. *tease!* <3

Big, big hugs to you both.

Oh, and I agree-- Sammy is lookin' *very* droolworthy in his drawing. Considering how few guys I've ever drawn, I'm really proud of how he turned out. And Will. Because I suck at drawing dudes! ;D

Unknown December 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Added a Christmasy screenshot to the post. Nothing special, but... Woo!

Raisin Hale December 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. merry christmas to you too!!! what a great gift, i absolutely love it! setting it as my background right now. :) :) :) you're a sweetheart!

Jen December 25, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Thank you Kaleeko I am in awe of these drawings! You have captured each character just perfectly.

As I scrolled down I got all excited to see Will there. ;) Thank you also for your very sweet and lovely words about my story.

Haha my smokin' sims. I just can't pass up the opportunity to post a shot of a seriously sexy male sim. lol

And your very welcome for all my comments. I have truly enjoyed reading your blog so much and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the Kanes.

Merry Christmas!!!! ;)

Di Al Martini December 25, 2010 at 4:42 AM  

Awww... Kaleeko, you are very sweet. I can't find words to say what I'm feeling right now. (Tissue... where is the tissue?)

Your drawings are amazing. You have been given so many talents. Thank you for sharing them with us.
'
Your stories have never failed to amaze me and they have been a great inspiration. I'm looking forward to reading Season 5!

Deema316 December 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

I love the pic of the Kanes that you added. Travis and Bradley remind me of the noogies in sims2.
Jeb and Mere are enjoying the family and the memories. Mia is just loving watching the snow fall.

I'm watching the snow fall today too Amelia.

mmmcheezy225 December 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

Meeep, that is so incredible! The drawings are fantastic, and the picture of our favorite family during Christmas is perfect. <3 *huge hugs* Do you mind if I use that picture of Angie as an avatar? I'll definitely give credit to you, no worries about that. :)

And I spy a haircut + five o'clock shadow on Travis. Post-breakup makeover perhaps?

PiB - Nicarra December 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

I swear the pic of Sam gets smexier with every view.

Love Jeb and Mere relaxing by the tree. But isn't Trav a bit old to be doing the nugie thing? LOL

Oh, look, there's a pic in the background of Mere and a baby boy. Poor Mere, no babies left...

Unknown December 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

You guys are all incredibly welcome, I really hope you enjoyed the drawings. You all have been such great compadres over the last few months, this was the least I could do. And, I mean every word I say. :) You all are really special people and I'm so glad to have you all as readers and friends.

Cheezy -- like I said, do whatever you want to with the drawing. An avatar is no biggy, but if someone asks where it came from just point at me. S'all I ask. :)

PiB - Travis is never too old to give noogies. ;)

mmmcheezy225 December 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

I decided not to use it as an avatar, since it would be only be a very small picture of it, and instead I put it on my blog with a link to your blog post on it. I feel that a larger size displaying some of its glory will do it more justice. :D

Di Al Martini December 26, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

I would like to put Rosaline's pictures too in in my blog with your name and a link to your blog if you don't mind :)

Rosaline said thank you very much Kaleeko :)

Unknown December 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

I don't mind at all, MJ. :) Rosaline is very welcome. <3

Hope you had a great Christmas!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP