Exchange Item: The Steel Stallion

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The first building in Kaleeko's show-off-what-I've-been-wasting-my-time-making series is called "The Steel Stallion", which is meant to be classified as a Dance Club.

I wanted to make something original because nothing in Bridgeport really fit the bill; I wanted a dance club that was more like a bar you'd find in the south, so that it would make more sense with Twinbrook's general theme. So, while you could probably jam this dance club in any town, it'd be most suited to Twinbrook or Riverview, which are both more rural-y.

The Steel Stallion was built on a 25x25 lot; it has 2 bathrooms (one for each gender), a bar, dance floor, band stage, and arcade area. The only CC it contains is probably a pattern or two, but it requires all 3 EPs (though I imagine you could get away without World Adventures and still be alright). Probably also uses quite a few store items, but I doubt anything of any importance.

Anyways, on with the tour!


My goodness, it's the front door! Okay, less than a door and more like two flimsy wooden flaps, but whatever. I wanted to give it a saloon-y touch. Yes, that's a hay bale -- only more to come!

I also need to change that sign to something other than an owl drinking coffee, but I keep forgetting.


Let's take a moment to zoom out and look at -- wow! -- the most amazing parking lot in the universe!

Okay, not really; but, as you'll probably notice, the outside is very bland. I wanted it to look like the other 'warehouses' on this stretch of road, so. Bland it is.


So, this is what it looks like when you walk into the building; look, hay bale! Wooden sign sticking into the floor! Bar with lady wearing incredibly theme-breaking attire!


Actually, this is what your sim first sees when walking into the club. All bar stools come equipped with extra awesome cowhide rear-holders, which is where you'll park it while stuff your face with the alcohol that's in those massive barrels, and whatever greasy food that chick pulls out of thin air.

Only other thing worth mentioning is that the light fixture features pool cues and billiard balls, which is incredibly mean of EA when they still have not given us a gosh-darn pool table. How can you have a sports bar without a pool table, EA?! C'mon!


Adjacent the bar is the dance floor, which is generally packed full because Twinbrook only has one dance club. I like it that way.

Notice the amazing red lights, the star-studded whirling-light-gizmo, and the giant shooting flames on the corners of the floor.

Yeeehaw, dem rednecks like it HAWT!


Here's another view of the dance floor, where you can spy Thomas, Ollie (if you focus really hard and know he's had a makeover), and lots of ugly Twinbrook townies that I tried to make look half decent.

Also, you can see how the dance floor connects to the rest of the bar; note that this club is *not* very big. Again, I like it like that; I prefer the place to actually look like there's people there, unlike some of the clubs in Bridgeport.


Another view of the dance floor and the amazing flames of awesome.

Also note that there are several tables+chairs around the dance floor, that I was disappointed to learn don't have the weight support to hold a dancing person. Lesigh.


Here, we see a better look of the stage in all it's glory (which is so nice in a Dance Club, because random people don't just jump up there and start playing willy nilly).

In this screenshot is also the Steel Stallion's namesake: it's a giant Steel Stallion sculpture. Who-da-thunkit.

I find that statue super cute. Don't you?


On the opposite side of the room lies some pretty scary looking metal bars with a giant archway in-between. On the other side lays the arcade area, which you must pass under the hanging fish in order to enter.

Love the hanging-fish-archway. It is your friend.


So, here's a better view of the arcade area. Spiffy? Tota-freaking-ly!

The reason I decided to put an arcade area in here is because I honestly can't imagine a town like Twinbrook having it's own arcade joint. I was considering making sort of a 'game' facility, but... Eh. That's just not very Twinbrook-y. So I started to think, "What's the most likely place that kids would go in a redneck town to play some games?" The bar, duh!

So, here's my excuse to drag the little ones along to the bar with you -- they have their own little area where they can pretend Daddy and Mommy aren't getting drunk on the other side of the hanging fishy.


And, here's the view of what it would look like for a kid to look back towards their parents getting drunk on the other side of the hanging fishy.

Also, if you didn't notice, this is where the bathrooms are located off of -- but, I'll refrain from showing you the bathrooms because... You've seen one grungy bathroom, you've seen them all.

Do you notice that I absolutely love colored lights? They are probably the most brilliantly amazing thing that EA added to the game. Okay, not the *most*, but I absolutely love them.


So, Twinbrook tends to be a place that's very crowded and very terrain-un-friendly, but anyone who complains that there's no place to put new lots ISN'T LOOKING HARD ENOUGH. (Caps because the inability for some people to use their brains astounds me. All it takes is some creativity, some terrain hoodwinking, and some patience.)

However, the place the Steel Stallion is placed is actually probably the best empty location in Twinbrook for a new lot. As shown on the picture, that's where I chucked it; 25x25 lot, facing 'south' in this image. Taken at night because I was too impatient to wait until daytime to take screenshots.

Also, my handwriting is blah. Sorry. XD

So, do you want it? Need it? Or do you just feel like bumping my numbers? Here's the link to it:

Updated Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3532550




Alright, so! There's my first holiday building exhibit. Here's a list of what else you have to look forward to!

- Twinbrook's Wedding Chapel: Brought to You by my favorite Gift Ninja (You know who you are!)
- The Kane Country Cottage (Yes, I did say 'Kane'!)
- Twinbrook's Art Studio (Unnamed because I haven't built it yet!)

On a side note, I don't actually expect any of you guys to actually download and use these -- but I've put a lot of work into these (aside from this one, which took me about an hour to make I think), and it seems a shame not to describe the what's and why's of what I've built while I've got the opportunity to post random foo at you.

Thanks guys!

31 comments:

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 4:45 AM  

Hmm, someone loves her neon lights!

Love the stallion that gives the place its name.

It has booze, a dance floor, arcade machines - really does look like the little nightlife place everyone has been looking for.

I've recced and fav'ed it.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 4:54 AM  

Neon lights are awesome! As are red and orange lights. Omnomnomcoloredlights. I seriously have so much fun changing light bulb colors when I'm decorating.

The second I saw that statue, I knew exactly what to name the club. It's an awesome statue.. I had to use buydebug to get it, but I don care!

I set up the Red Rendezvous to be a bar, but it's still mostly just foosball, drinks, and darts; I think I'm gonna take the dance floor out of it so that it's more like a bar than a "dance bar" like the S. Stallion.

Thanks for the rec/fave, Pibkins. :D

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Gah, I fav'd it and I've tried downloading it but I get an error. I'm looking for Twinbrook sized bars, too. I'm starting to set up the town so I can move there next.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

^@%*^@%@%!$ Seriously? AGH. Why does nothing I upload ever seem to work until the 6th try?

Gonna see if I can figure out what the issue is, this time I'll upload then try it out myself before giving you the new link.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Ooh, and Chrysame -- glad to hear you're going to try out Twinbrook again. It's definitely my favorite town, even if it's a bit of a fixer-upper.

Lemme know if there's any other lot you'd like refurbished but don't feel like fixing up, because I've probably fixed up most of the community lots in town at this point.

<3's!

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

Okay, Chrysame - I reuploaded it, and then downloaded/installed it in my game and I got no error. Lemme know if it keeps being stupid.

I think the issue was that I tried to export it when there was people inside. Whoops!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Thanks, Kaleeko. I'll grab it tonight or tomorrow. Feeling punky at the moment. Blargh.

I'm looking for any type of Late Night club for Twinbrook. I'll take it all.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Awww, sorry to hear that. :( FEEL BETTAH! *biiiiiig squeeze* Kaleeko commands your brain to feel anti-punky!

<3

Hmmm... Well, I have't added any Late-Night themed stuff to Twinrbook outside of this dance club, but I did do some edits to the Red Rendezvous so that it has the updated bar and dance-y stuff.

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Poor Chrysame, hope you feel better soon.

I did a quick regig on Red Rendezvous too. The next level up is a dance/party floor. I'll have to check if anyone actually uses it at some point. :)

I also want to update the downstairs to be a more modern bar. Someday.

Chrysame December 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

I guess when I feel up to it, I'll redo the Rendevous then. Hmmm, Disco? Fusion club?

I fell asleep around four this afternoon right after I striped the bed for laundry. I just passed out on the mattress. It feels like someone is slowly pressing an ice pick inbetween my eyes. Stupid sinuses.

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

My sympathies again. My sinuses go south from time to time and it is the worst headache I get.

I think in Sunset Valley, I have Sue's pub set as a local watering hole and the Red Rendezvous as some sort of dance club.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Eeegh, that doesn't sound fun at all. :( I'm sorry, Chrysame. I hope you feel better soon! Looks like you're already taking care of the 'get extra rest' part. ;) <3

I still have the RR set up as a local watering hole; I may take out the dance floor though and just add dartboards/shuffle board to make it more of a hangout joint so that the Stallion will be more about the dancing. Also added a hot tub to the swimming pool lot and a food truck to the consignment store (needed a mod to add it to buy mode).

I kinda want to make a fusion bar type place, but I have *no* idea how to make a bubble bar rustic looking. ;D

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Thanks, guys. I'm thinking of making a possible fusion bar look modern in the way a tiny, rural town would "think" modern should look. So, it won't really be modern but more of a bad 80's/90's cliche.

I wondered how you get a food truck. I want one, darnit! A small pool club would be good, too. I could make multiple Red Rendevous and do different things with each one. Rename them, etc. Hmmm..

Did you use DebugEnabler to get the food truck?

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Maybe you just have to create parking areas for the food truck around town. I've only seen it a few times around Bridgeport but I've finally learned how to spot their space.

Twallan says something about them regenerating if the vehicle clean up at night kills them.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

That's actually a neat idea, Chrysame. :) I'll keep that in mind if I get around to making one. I super duper love the bubble bar object, though -- it kills me not having somewhere to put it in Twinbrook, yet.

Just did some tweaking to the 'garden' lot next to the swimming pool in twinbrook; I knocked down the walls of the empty half of the building and instead made it sort of a gazebo thing, with a platform with a piano on it. Schnazzy place for performances I guess?

As for the food truck: It's not with Twallan's Debug Enabler, no. The food truck issue is a bit weird, but here's it in a gist: Food trucks are only spawned in *cities* (you can see the city icon vs the town icon in the save selection screen), because of the different way traffic is spawned there (like all the empty taxis and such). So, it's basically impossible to get a food truck to spawn in a town, even if you have a food truck space put down. (Stupid, I know.)

I downloaded this mod, though, and it adds the food truck to the car section of buy mode for $1. It won't move around at all, but I actually like that because it means I always know where it is.

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=293.0

Deema316 December 21, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Love the bar and the description. :)
From a southern redneck girl. Yep, you did a good job.
Bumped your number of rec's.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Thank you, Dee. :D Glad I have the seal of approval from a southern girl!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Well, heck, I still get an error. Do you have a Media File account? If we bypass the exchange, I can probably get it. I left you a rec on the new upload.

And more Kaleeko builds to come!

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

BTW, I just rec'd and downloaded Travis. No problems there.

PiB - Nicarra December 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

I downloaded her Julian some time ago. He didn't install the first time but he seems ok now.

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

Stupid exchange, stupid uploading, stupidstupidstupid.

Try this Chrysame: http://www.mediafire.com/?340qgkk31sbzq0p

Lemme know if it works or no.

Deema316 December 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Believe me. I've seen all kinds back in my younger, wilder days. Everything from clubs, to bars to joints. I talking "beer" joints. :D
Lots of those where I come from.

Anonymous,  December 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

That worked, Kaleeko. Thank you so much!

Unknown December 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

I'm jealous, Dee. :D And, I totally wish I saw you in your young, wild days... hehehe.

SO glad that that worked, Chrysame. No idea what the heck is wrong with the exchange, but if they don't fix it soon I'm gonna go ugly on them.

So, who can't wait 'til Christmas? :D

Deema316 December 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Ahhhhh, the good old wild days. those were some fun times. At least they were fun times until the morning after. :D

Looking forward to Christmas. Yes. Only one problem. We are supposed to go to SC to visit all the family. Now they are saying we may get a very white Christmas. If that happens, we won't be able to go down the mountain. I-26 and the Green River Bridge is not where one wants to be when it snows around here.

Di Al Martini December 25, 2010 at 4:33 AM  

Okay..First, from outside: looks very calm, nothing suspicious, but inside: Wow.. very wild indeed. There's even a statue of stallion inside.
A good place for every sims and mostly sims like Jeb, Marta, Carolina,and Thomas to hang around with.
Awesome!

mmmcheezy225 December 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

I is awed at your creativity.

I love how authentic it looks, I can definitely see the lot as a bar on the outskirts of a rural town.

Seriously, best parking lot ever. EVER. So much space...

LOL. Something fun I decided to do yesterday is use the "Stylist" option in MC to make the service sims' garb more appropriate. Of course, I'm not sure how often the game reassigns bartenders, so it may not prove to be beneficial. :/

That's one of the things that bugged me about Bridgeport, there were so many clubs that they're all practically empty! Sims should not be given too many choices, it leads to dysfunction. :P

The statue is very cute in a steampunk way. Also a little creepy. But mostly cute. :D

The arcade area is awesome. It's a child of a lush's dream!

I can't wait to see the next lots. I bet they'll be awesome. :D

Unknown December 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

@MJ - Thanks! I'm glad that you think it has a bit of a shady look to it--I like making most things in Twinbrook look pretty shady, it fits the sort of run-down broken look of the town. :)

@Cheezy - Awww, thank you!! Glad you enjoyed the parking lot and the steampunk horse statue. ^^ Haha! I did try to change the clothes of the bartender, but it just didn't want to stick.

I think the clubs in Bridgeport wouldn't feel so empty if it weren't for the celebrity 'ropes'; I've been thinking of removing them, but it all depends on how long I end up playing there. For now, a little peace and quiet in the bars I go to isn't a terrible thing.

I dunno if the next lots will be 'awesome', but I sure do feel in the creative mood lately--it's great to have an outlet. :D

PiB - Nicarra December 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

Hey Kaleeko,

I think that the bars in Bridgeport feel empty because there are so freaking many of them that you only get a couple of Sims per venue.

I think of replacing about 1/2 of them with more tower blocks with apartments instead. Silly game - only one household per skyscraper?

Jen January 1, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

This is great, love the name!
I guess we are going to see a lot of Travis here? lol

Love the steel stallion statue, it is cute. ;)

Great to see there is room for a band too.

Unknown January 1, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Thanks, Jen! :D

I could definitely see Travis coming here a lot. ;) I think it's pretty much been confirmed at this point though that he has a hankering for alcohol, whereever he may find it...

The statue's name is the 'Steely Stallion' in the buydebug catelog, but I cut the 'y' and made good use of the name. It may suit Riverview a bit more than Twinbrook, buuutt.. Whatever. My Twinbrook can be full of redneck hillbillies too!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP