Jade's Slip Up

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The first time that Bradley Kane met Jade Greenwood, he wasn't quite sure what to think of her. While she tended to walk through life as if someone had perpetually tied her shoelaces together, no Sim would dare do anything of the like to her: she may've been clumsy, but she was obscenely lucky with everything else. Her talent at sports led to easy popularity, and even if she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, she was certainly a lot smarter than Bradley ever considered his brother to be.

But he'd never really considered who Jade was -- or why Travis liked her -- until things between them had gone sour. She may've looked like Emerald, but she was a polar opposite in all other ways; opposite in ways he'd never thought to consider...

... and Bradley Kane was about to get a taste of how his trusting nature could get him in serious trouble.




It was a horrible week.

The sun even seemed to forget to shine, teasing the Sims of Twinbrook with sporadic sunlight between hours of overcast gloom that sent everyone in town into grouch mode. The few times anyone felt like doing anything, it never seemed to go right. Bad luck had settled like a dark cloud over Twinbrook, and Meredith Kane was absolutely determined to fix it.

And, of course, nothing fixes a bad mood like presents!

Screenshot-94.jpg

"Well, kids," Meredith said as she lead her teen boys out into the yard towards the driveway. "I know it's not much, but your father and I decided, what with us getting out of debt lately and of my new job, it was time to get you two a car of your own. You'll have to share, but..."

And, there it was: their car. While it was yet another thing for Brad and Travis to fight over, the fact that they no longer had to steal their parents' cars to get anywhere anymore was a wonderful prospect -- who cares if it wasn't the best car in the world... it was theirs.

Screenshot-95.jpg

Both boys were absolutely ecstatic. Travis instantly jumped onto his mom to give her a hug, and Bradley was doing a little dance of excitement.

"It's perfect, mom," Travis said as he squeezed her tight. "We'll take good care of it, I promise."

Screenshot-96.jpg

"This is so great!" Bradley exclaimed, still excited. "I'm finally gonna be able to drive out to Puddle Pond to collect some samples for my--"

"Hey, Brad, we have to share, ya know... You can't just take it whenever you want."

Screenshot-99.jpg

When Travis ran off inside to call his friends and tell them, Brad finally got a chance to give his mom a hug of his own.

"I'm sorry we couldn't get you each one, three cars is enough as-is anyways. Besides, it'd be good for you boys to learn to settle your differences..."

"I know, mom," Brad said with a smile as he looked up into Meredith's eyes. "I know how hard you guys had to work just to get us this. It really means a lot."



The next day, once Travis got off his shift at the grocery store, he got a call he didn't expect -- at least, from a person he didn't expect.

Screenshot-66.jpg

"Hey Jade," he answered, not even having to look at his caller-ID to see who it was from; she still had that special ringtone of hers on his phone. "What's goin' on?"

Screenshot-67.jpg

"Yeah, I'm free tonight, why?" After a pause, his face fell. "I don't know, Jade, I'm still not sure I... well, I-- That'll work, I guess."

Hearing her voice again, after so much avoiding in the halls at school, at sports practice, even the movies, was like grinding sandpaper against his heart... but he couldn't deny how wonderful it was at the same time.

Screenshot-68.jpg

"I... I've missed you too, Jade. It's great to hear your voice. I'll see you there."



When Jade and Travis met at the Red Rendezvous, things were a lot more packed than they had expected. So, it was a bit awkward to actually talk about much of anything.

Screenshot-70.jpg

"Look, I just want to explain what happened," Jade said in a quiet tone. "You never really gave me a chance, and even though I don't really have a good excuse, I just need you to hear me out. Not talking to you anymore is killing me..."

Travis nodded, but he didn't respond until he had a good look-around of how many people were in the building, a few of which eavesdropping -- what is Twinbrook without it's gossipmongers?

Screenshot-71.jpg

"We can talk, but I'd rather not do it here. Let's go somewhere more private, and then I promise to hear you out."

Screenshot-73.jpg

As they left the building, one particular patron that happened to be eavesdropping watched out of the corner of his eye... and disappeared from the side of the foosball table once the love-torn pair was out the door.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Bradley followed Travis and Jade down the street, keeping back a good distance to make sure they didn't notice him, but he was still within earshot. Considering he had sent Jade out onto this task, he wanted to know the outcome as soon as possible -- and he had to admit, spying on his brother was actually kind of entertaining.

Screenshot-77.jpg

He watched as Jade began to cry, breaking down into Travis' arms: "Good, good, get the pity going... Travis falls for that every time," was Brad's inner monologue.

Screenshot-78.jpg

"I was s-s-so s-stupid, Travis," Jade stuttered between sniffles. "I didn't even like Thomas, I just wanted him to stop bothering me about how abruptly I ended things with him, and I just... I don't really know why I did it, I just know I'd never do it again..."

Screenshot-79.jpg

"I'd been hearing rumors about you still having feelings for him for weeks, though, Jade," Travis said with a stern voice. "Why didn't you tell me? Why'd you just... run off into his arms?"

"I-I-I thought if you found out I was having mixed feelings, that you'd just end things anyways. You broke up with Lolly so fast just because she grew up, I thought something like that would instantly set you off me..."

Screenshot-81.jpg

"Jade, of course not. Breaking up with Lolly had nothing to do with our age difference, that was just an excuse I gave to make her feel better. You and I, we were different. If that hadn't happened, with Thomas, you and I, we would've..."

"Can't we, still?" Jade asked, still sniffling. "If I gave you my word, I'd never do anything like that again, if I promised to be open about everything... would you give me another chance?"

Screenshot-83.jpg

As Bradley watched, he saw Travis swoop her into his arms, as if those were the words he'd been dying to hear for years. "Of course I would, Jade. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, I'd do anything for you."

"Would you end things with Emerald so we could be together again?" she asked.

"Of course. She and I aren't that close, anyways... It was just a fling. You and I, we're the real deal."

Screenshot-85.jpg

"Yeah, I suppose we are," Jade said with a laugh as they took each other in their arms, and began to kiss.

As they did so, and hearing how loosely Travis thought of his relationship with Emerald, Bradley became furious -- how could he say that? And why wasn't Jade stopping him? Emerald was still his girlfriend... why were they making out?!

Screenshot-87.jpg

In between kisses, Brad's expression only soured, when their conversation finally continued.

"So, you're going to break up with her, right?"

"Yeah, I will. It'll take some time, she's pretty into me I guess, but I'll do my best to avoid confrontation. I'll just give her the cold shoulder for a couple of weeks, she'll get the picture."

"Then what about us, until then?" Jade asked.

Screenshot-88.jpg

"Hey," Travis said into her ear, just barely loud enough for Brad to hear. "Doesn't mean it has to stop us from being together, if you know what I mean... She doesn't have to know a thing."

Jade giggled. "Sounds good to me."

Screenshot-93.jpg

Once Bradley, infuriated, had slammed the door to his room, he walked up to their dresser, where a picture of Emerald stood.

He was so conflicted; he wanted Travis and Emerald to break up, but not like this. Travis was her first boyfriend, and he was planning to spend weeks giving her cold treatment, instead of just telling her the truth -- typical Travis, avoiding responsibility. And there was Jade, right by his side, saying it was okay... And it was all Brad's fault.

Looking into Emerald's smiling face, Bradley decided that it had come to his decision: watch Emerald suffer, or tell her the truth himself. It was his fault... He'd let Emerald fall into Travis' lap, he'd pushed Jade to break them up, he'd not gone to Emerald about his feelings in the first place like he should've... And only he could fix it.

There was really only one choice... A hard one, but it had to be done: for her.

16 comments:

Anonymous,  August 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Whoa, great update! Brad really doesn't know Travis well. This is getting very interesting.

So, Brad is going to tell Emerald. Yikes. That's not going to go well. At least I'm assuming he's going to tell her. That might not be what he thinks is best for her, after all. Ack! It's all unraveling, isn't it?

Except for Jade and Travis. They'll still get what they really want in the end...each other. Maybe. You can never tell with a Kaleeko story. Heehee.

PiB - Nicarra August 19, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Gack, this is like watching a train wreck in progress. You know it's bad but you can't look away.

Bradley, can't you be a little more subtle boy? Like kiss the girl? That would be heaps more subtle. Or maybe invite her for a stroll as friends some place and time that you know Travis and jade will be?

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Jade and Travis have (or will have) the Lucky trait, so everything always goes as plan for them. Happy ever after, if that's what they want! We'll see.

Brad, on the other hand... Probably doesn't know what he's doing. What Travis was planning to do may not have been very nice, but it may've been kinder to Emerald in the long run.

Brad really needs to stop being an idealist!

Dee August 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Oh crap. I can't even guess at what is going to happen. I know it's not going to be good though.
I just can't get enough of this.
I don't even know what to say about it. *laughs* I love it but I don't know what to say.

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I am queen of angst, hear me roar! ;D

I promise, though, someday, things will be happy. They may not be what the Sims had in mind, but I won't torture them *forever*.

At least, these Sims. I can't promise anything about Amelia. >.>

I'm glad that you like it, but if it becomes too heavy, let me know. I never try to go overboard, but sometimes I can unintentionally go a little too dark.

Dee August 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

*laughing* Too heavy? Never! Too dark? Never!
Ooh, now I wonder what is in store for Amelia, the, I didn't hear anything, kid. :)

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Hehehe! Okie. As long as you're okay with with the drama llama, drama llama you shall receive!

To be honest, I have about as much an idea as what's in store for Amelia as you do. She'll be a YA around the time Late Night comes out, so she'll be living it up in Bridgeport, probably as a musician.

I think I have decided to actually try to manage two games, though, so I can keep up with the times in Twinbrook as well. It'll be a HUGE change for me, but, I can't imagine leaving everyone behind and never coming back.

Dee August 19, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I love drama. I watch those shows like Criminal Minds and stuff.
I also like things like NCIS and that hotty Gibbs. :) I also like some horror as in Stephen King. I have just about every book he ever wrote.
I don't know what I am going to do when Late Night is released. I know I'm going to have to try the new town and the parties. I just so darn happy about musical instruments and hot tubs that I don't know what to do with myself.

I know I'm not going to try more than two games at once though. I get all involved with one and don't want to go to the other one.

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Oooo, Gibbs. :D Nomnomnom. NCIS is a great show. I'm not really much into horror though, so you won't see anything like that from me.

I can't imagine what it'd be like with more than 2 games. How PiB does all those blogs is beyond me! I have a very one-tract mind. Only reason I could pry manage 2 is because it'll all be the same family.

Late Night is going to be absolutely amazing. I mean, Piano. /PIANO/. Double bass. DRUMS! Between that and bars, I'm beside myself with excitement. I plan on turning Twinbrook's RR into a true bar, once that comes out!

PiB - Nicarra August 19, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

"How PiB does all those blogs is beyond me! "

Probably very badly. ;)

Unknown August 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

Pfft! Not at all, PiB! You're obviously a very accomplished multi-tasker, or at least able to compartmentalize information really well. I don't have that sort of mindset, which is why I've been playing the same family since launch. Easier to remember! ;)

PiB - Nicarra August 20, 2010 at 4:10 AM  

Thanks Kaleeko, it's good to hear that the blogs are doing well from someone else's point of view.

I do think about stopping with one of them from time to time but I can't decide which one should die. So none do. LOL Adventures with Sims 3 nearly died cause it wasn't fun - then I hit on the interviews and it was fun again. Brooke and Johnny are on shaky ground till they do something to make me love them more. The rest are entertaining in their various ways.

Di Al Martini August 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Those lips of Bradley! That's very rare to see.
I almost fell on the floor reading these conflicts.
But, I don't know what you were up to. Did Jade and Travis just try to tease Brad and make him to finally stop Emerald from getting hurt?
Or, well, maybe they were just being selfish. If yes, I feel bad for the brothers/sisters relationship.

I feel bad for Emerald too. For now, she sounded like a victim. and Bradley, would you please do something?!

Jen August 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

This awesome, I've totally caught up now. Yey!!

Wonder what Brad is going to do? Somehow I don't think he will let Emerald suffer - he loves her too much!
His plan didn't work too well. lol Travis and Jade went straight back into each others arms with out a second thought.

I can see a lot of fighting happening over who is going to be taking the car out. Travis will be the winner no doubt.

Di Al Martini August 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Bradley is in love with Emerald, but he had to learn the hard way.

Travis seemed never think much, Still, I don't know why I could not hate Travis and Jade! It's a great story telling!

Unknown August 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Yay, Jennifer! WOOT WOOT! I'm so glad that you're caught up!

Which actually means, next post will be going up at midnight EST. So, if you happen to be awake then, you have that to look forward to. :)

Haha MJ, I'm actually glad that you don't hate them. I do try to inspire sympathy with all the characters, since none of them are really pure evil and still, at their core, good people.... Except Jeb, and even he's got his redeeming qualities.

Travis and Jade are very close... Even when they broke up, they both instantly got 'Be friends with Travis/Jade' wishes, and they were inevitably flirting on their own once they were. Almost the exact reversal of how Travis felt about Emerald, very uncanny. :D

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP