Best I Ever Had

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Warning: To those of you who may be reading this from a work environment, this post contains nekkid Sims, and although everything is covered/cropped out of all screenshots, you have been advised to refrain from reading this until later.

Due to this, I have enclosed that portion under a 'Read More' link. Thanks!





For listening with the post if you want. Love this song!


Life for Bradley Kane had never been better. A best friend... A soul mate. He had begun to believe, from the moment that she took his hands on the bridge that day, that they were destined to be together -- that he had found the rare occurrence in the fabric of space-time where a boy and a girl, perfect for each other, were set on the path towards growing old together.

Bradley Kane was in love.

Screenshot-342.jpg

As time went on, he began to spend more and more time with Emerald; when they weren't working on their calculus homework, they were hooking up a computer connection and playing video games, taking a walk through Twinbrook's gardens, swinging at the park, trying on funny clothes at the consignment store, or killing time at the pool... all until the sunset, and Emerald had to run home before her parents got upset.

While she certainly was a polar opposite of Bradley in some cases, it always surprised him how much they had in common. Emerald loved science, loved plants and animals, even loved all the ridiculous Star Sims trivia that Bradley knew -- in fact, she was the only girl he'd ever met who'd actually seen the movie more than once.

Screenshot-376.jpg

His luck with Emerald seemed to be a fluke, though. He tried so hard to be interesting, but even his own father was bored silly by the things that Bradley was interested in...

Screenshot-386.jpg

... and his mother, who was brilliantly hilarious, found his jokes 'not half bad', at best. He knew though, deep down, as much as she loved him... she had begun to wonder what had happened to her 'funny' gene. "Must've all gone to Travis," Bradley was sure.

Screenshot-389.jpg

And as for Travis, Brad hardly even got to spend any time with him at all -- when Travis wasn't at sports practice, he was with Jade... And when he wasn't with Jade, he was at the gym, with June, or someone else vastly more interesting. He supposed he still had Amelia, but it's not like she was capable of making any opinions on his personality, yet.

"Give it time, Amelia. You like me now, just give it a couple of weeks, until you're a big kid..." He made sure not to waste time, though; he'd get in all the snuggles on her he could before then.

Screenshot-344.jpg

But then, there was Emerald... She found him funny. She found him interesting. How someone that pretty, that kind, that popular, had any interest in him... It was beyond him.

Maybe she wasn't as popular as she was when she first befriended Brad, but she didn't seem to care. "Man, I am so lucky."

One Saturday morning, Bradley was awoken by a phone call, and the rather excited voice of Emerald on the line. "Brad! Wake up, you sleepy head! We've got a special day planned ahead of us!"

"Nnngggh," Brad moaned sleepily. "We do?"

"Of course we do! It's the weekend! Go get your chores done, then give me a call sometimes this afternoon, okay?"

Screenshot-45.jpg

After Bradley had gotten all his jobs done and finished his homework, he called Emerald back, and she gave him a set of bizarre directions that led further into the outskirts of town than Bradley had ever been. He was a bit worried he'd get lost, but after a fair bit of driving, he finally arrived at the back-water location that Emerald had described.

"There you are! I was so worried you'd taken a wrong turn and ended up across town!"

"I'm not that directionally challenged, Emerald," he mumbled as she tugged him into a tight hug. "So what is this place, anyways?"

Screenshot-46.jpg

"Hot spring! Not many people know about it, it's kinda tucked out of the way, but my family's been coming here for generations. I figured you'd like to see, since you're always excited to see new things."

Bradley smile and nodded, but without even looking away, he responded, "It's beautiful."

"Sure is! Anyways, I brought us lunch. I walked here, so I'm famished. Let's eat!"

Screenshot-49.jpg

Bradley had started to get used to the taste of tofu burgers -- and in all fairness, it wasn't actually that bad. Emerald preferred grilled cheese, and while Brad was a bit jealous that she actually got to eat something that tasted somewhat normal, he figured it was one of her torturous jokes to get him to stop eating meat -- it still hadn't worked, but it'd become such a normal tradition that he would probably miss the terrible food even if she stopped making them.

"So, you wanna go swimming after we're finished eating?" Emerald asked with a wide, cheeky smile.

Brad blinked, now surprised. "Bu' I din't bring any schwim trunksh," he mumbled through a mouthful of tofu.

"Braadd," Emerald chided with a laugh. "You don't need a swimsuit to swim, you know."

At that, he just blinked... Wh-what? That wasn't funny... But she wasn't joking... was she?

Screenshot-99.jpg

Once they'd finished eating, Emerald quickly put everything back in the picnic basket, and pointed back to a small area sectioned off with an old, overgrown divider. "I'm gonna go, ya know... 'Change' over here. Go ahead and go jump in, I'll catch up with you in a minute."

Screenshot-101.jpg

Emerald quickly began to tug off her clothes, but after a minute, a slow smile started to grow across her face. "Brad, you haven't moved from where you were standing... Go get in the spring already!"

"Right, right!"

Screenshot-103.jpg

Emerald bobbed around the corner as soon as she heard Bradley run off, but the second she got a look at the water, and watched Brad strip and jump in, realization set in -- she hadn't been this nervous about anything, ever.

Screenshot-105.jpg

"Em, what's taking you so long?"

"Nothing, I just..."

"Come on, you talked me into this, and I'm a bloody coward! And you're the bravest person I know!"

"Alright, alright!" In a spring of courage, Emerald bolted out from behind the bush, and hastily dived into the pool -- but she smiled, when she re-surfaced and realized that Bradley had had his eyes covered the whole time.

He really was so sweet.

Screenshot-107.jpg

"Took you long enough, chicken!" Bradley teased, swimming towards Emerald with a smile on his face. "And you call yourself brave... Bwockbwockbwockbwockbwock--"

Screenshot-108.jpg

Emerald turned around and splashed Bradley as hard as she could; Brad was surprised to find a face and mouth full of water.

She began to giggle, as he sputtered and choked on the surprise tactical attack from his friend.

Screenshot-112.jpg

After a fair amount more of sputtering, wiping his eyes and trying to squeeze the water out of his nose, he grumbled, "What was that for?

Screenshot-110.jpg

"For being a jerk! There's only one chicken in this pond, and it definitely isn't me."

Emerald continued to smile, and so cutely, Bradley couldn't help but forgive her; how could you be upset with that face? ... Even if she looked smug.

Ruddy manipulative girls!

Screenshot-115.jpg

They began to swim closer together; as they did, Brad could feel his face starting to turn pink, once again... Man, this was weird.

"So, you think I'm a chicken, huh?" he said, chuckling.

"Sure do, you said so yourself," Emerald replied with a smile. "If you weren't, then you wouldn't be keeping your distance from me, would you?"

Screenshot-116.jpg

She just had to pull that card, didn't she? Bradley's blush deepened even further, but... He was a boy, and he had to prove her wrong.

"How about this?" he mumbled as he pulled closer, draping his arms around her back. Their faces were so close... He could even feel her slight breath against his cheek. At that moment, he felt about ten thousand times more awkward than he had the first time she'd touched his hand -- this was so, so much different.

"Better, but..." Emerald's smile widened, into something almost devilish. "You're obviously still a chicken."

Dammit!

Screenshot-122.jpg

After several moments, realizing how uncomfortable he was, Emerald pulled away and began to swim to the edge of the pond; for the next few hours, they explored every crevice of the pool, discovering lost trinkets, rusty gadgets, and joking about how many adults probably came here to 'do it'.

Bradley thought to himself, though, that he couldn't blame them if they did. This place had a mesmerizing effect on people... Even him.

But they eventually drifted back near the water's edge, and found themselves talking about their older siblings.

"Travis seems pretty smitten with Jade. I mean, he was never happy with Lolly, she talked him into dating her from the get-go. All he ever wanted was out of that relationship, but I think he does really like your sister. I mean, he wouldn'tve asked her out if he didn't, right?"

"Well, I guess not," Emerald remarked. "But Jade seems pretty convinced he's not as into the relationship as she is. Maybe she's just in denial that it's her that's not, or something..."

"You really think so?"

"Yup, bout as sure as I am that you won't have the courage to finally kiss me."

Screenshot-125.jpg

Ugh, there she was at it again. "Oh yeah?" Brad was determined, this time! A lady doth not say such things and not face the proper punishment!

But... as his lips neared hers, that clammy sensation began to overtake him all over again. It was like the moment that her body was that close to his, he suddenly froze up -- she had a power over him that he couldn't control... And he was beginning to hate how funny she thought it was.

Screenshot-127.jpg

After several moments, he finally braced himself, and pulled himself just close enough to her cheek to plant a small, quick kiss... but it sure didn't feel short. As he did so, time seemed to stand still... Everything froze.

But the moment it wasn't any more, he quickly pulled away and began to swim to shore.

Screenshot-70.jpg

Emerald followed, as she was both surprised and concerned.

"Brad, are you alright? What's wrong?! Come back!"

Screenshot-128.jpg

She began to pull herself up from the pool, but Brad continued to keep his eyes shielded.

"I just..." Bradley paused. He wasn't sure what was wrong. "I dunno. I'm sorry, Emerald, I dunno what's wrong with m--"

"Nothing is wrong with you, Brad! Except that you should get back here, this instant!"

Screenshot-129.jpg

Boy, was she demanding... But Brad still didn't mind. In fact, he preferred it that way -- he didn't seem to be able to do anything around her unless she told him to, anyways.

"You still haven't looked at me, have you?" Emerald asked, her face seeming to glow in the soft moonlight from above.

"How'd you guess?" Bradley said; he was actually able to smile about it, at least.

"Cuz you're still blushing like mad."

Screenshot-130.jpg

"Why'd you tell me to come back, anyways?" he asked, rather confused on her reaction to.. well, his reaction.

"Well, there's something I wanted to give you," Emerald briefly looked away, but when she turned her face back to him...

Screenshot-131.jpg

... he felt her lips pressing gently against his.

Bradley was, to be blunt, utterly flabberghasted -- she must be insane. Or drunk. Or hypnotized by the power of this place... There was no way she could like him, like that. Right?

Screenshot-135.jpg

But, as she closed his eyes, he realized... It didn't matter. Even if this was the last kiss he ever got... It was the best.

At that moment, he knew: he was in love with Emerald Greenwood, and he would be for the rest of his life.

Screenshot-144.jpg

When she finally pulled away, and he saw the look in her eyes, he did something he never thought he could do: he reached out his hand, and gently touched her cheek. Bradley was certain he'd never felt anything more beautiful. Beautiful isn't a touch description? Well, Bradley is changing the dictionary -- it sure is, now.

"Emerald..."

"Yeah?"

"I really like you."

Screenshot-146.jpg

Realizing the courage it took for him to say that, Emerald's smile deepened -- sweetened, Brad would say -- and she took the back of his hand briefly against hers.

"I know. I've always known, Brad."

The heartbeat began to beat, hard, in Bradley's ears...

"And," she continued. "I really like you, too."

Screenshot-86.jpg

After they'd dressed, they realized they couldn't say goodbye -- not yet. They laid back in the dirt, and watched the stars rise and fall in the sky. They called out the stars they knew, and named the ones they didn't... And even when it was silent, Bradley never felt alone.

He didn't want it to end, that night... the best he'd ever had.

28 comments:

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

How did you do it?! How?! They're swimming in the pond...naked! They're running around...how!

Okay, on to the story. I loved it. It was so sweet and so sad, too. Bradley's been lonely, even at home no one gets him. But, he has his Emerald and she understands.

LOVED IT!

Unknown August 4, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Hahaha!

It was actually a lot easier than I thought. The first time I did this, I had them change into swimwear that was their skin-tone... But then I realized -- feeling rather stupid -- that you can select 'Master Controller - Outfit' at any time, even when they're swimming, and change them into any outfit... And one of the outfits that Twallan lists is the Nekkid outfit. ;)

So I ended up redoing it, but I got better screenshots out of it anyways. The first time, they didnt swim near each other in as interesting ways. Hehe.

Brad really has gotten the short end of the stick in life. Emerald is the one bright point in all of it, so far. He wubs her. :D

I'm glad you loved it! This was probably one of the most fun posts ever to put together. Not a lot of 'story' in it, but that's not really the point of this chapter. It's mainly a "Bradley loves Emerald, and this is why" post.

Teen skinny dipping, though? Win. Hehehe.

Unknown August 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Oh, and I should probably mention -- the lot that they are swimming at, I downloaded from the exchange. I made a few changes to it, but overall, its an amazing piece of work, as under-noticed as it is:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1982434

Heavily relient on WA items, though.

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Wait, we can make them nekkid with Master Controller? And you used Decensor, right? Dang, that's a nice park.

But the best part is Bradley finally get his first kiss from the wonderful Emerald.

Unknown August 4, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Yup. :) It's right in our faces all the time, and I know I never even noticed it. And yes, I do run Decensor. It can be weird, but I think its worth it even just to see sims playing with the rubber duckie in the bath. Too much blur over that usually.

And awwww, yeah. Bradley's definitely lucky, here. He'll never have Travis's ability to suck in womenz, but, all he needs is Emerald, right? ;)

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

PiB nearly had me sold on Decensor with the shot of Johnny Grant but you sealed the deal. What's one more mod?!

We've had two happy happies in a row. I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall. o.O

Unknown August 4, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

Hehhee! Exactly. And really, it's not like it's a foreign mod, or a complex one -- just another simple widget from Twallan. It's hard to say no to anything he makes.

Yus, lots of happy. After everything that's happened, I do think it was needed... But it may just be the peace before the storm.

I am getting *so* close to being caught up, though. Again. Which means, I'm actually going to need to spend some quality time in the game, soon... especially since I'm putting together footage for a machinima-finale. Should be fun... Right? XD

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Should be a hoot and a holler! I think I'll stick to making snarky remarks on my blogs. It takes a lot less work. :)

Play, girl! I bet your sims miss you! Plus, inquiring minds want to know. Did Marta ever get a girlyfriend?

Unknown August 4, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Hahahaha! Yeah, not sure why I'm crazy enough to want to do a video, but, I've wanted to learn how for a while. Gotta start somewhere. Gonna be a lot of work, yeah, but hopefully worth it.

Even if my Sims dont miss me, I miss them. I think this weekend may get devoted to that. :)

No word on Marta yet, I think... I do know I caused a forced marriage between Thomas and Carolina, and since Marta was living with Carolina, that made things weird -- especially since Meredith got an architect job for a 'newlywed bedroom', from from Marta, not Carolina. Another thing EA needs to fix, heh.

I'll snoop around to see if there's anything going on in her life, next time Im in the game. *cackle*

Anonymous,  August 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

Maybe she has a boyfriend and you can get a baby or two out of her. Or a girlyfriend and you can take sexy pictures.

Have fun this weekend. Sometimes you just gotta play.

PiB - Nicarra August 5, 2010 at 4:09 AM  

Oh my go(o)dness. wow. Nekkid Sims galore. Wow.

Definitely a stunning episode. Ah Bradley, in love forever more, oh so you think now. Of course, some Sim goddess may change the course of your life but for now, be very very happy with the one Sim who 'gets' you.

I love Twallan, I do. After reading this, I had to try Thomas in his nekkid suit. Swoon. Thomas is married here now? How many little ones? One, two, five?

Dee August 5, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

Great update as always and I just love Bradley. He's so cute and shy and sweet.

LOL, teens and skinny dipping. Oh, the good old days. *sighs*

I am so glad Bradley finally got his kiss. He'll be having sweet dreams for a while now.

Thomas and Carolina gonna be having babies soon.

Di Al Martini August 5, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

:D I'm laughing at the warning. I did open this at work. But, then of course after a couple of rolling down, I had to close this. Fortunately none of my staffs noticed me looking at it or ... Well, in my culture teens and skinny dipping is still taboo. Only children 8-10 years do it, mostly boys. They will play, running around and then jump together at the sea or lake. They would hunt for fish, burned it, and then eat it. Lovely childhood.
But, this was so sweet. They didn't do anything other than a sweet kiss. And he was mostly closing his eyes through the entire time. Well, he is still a boy. I think he got tempted for a while there, but his shyness was greater. And that was probably what Emerald loves the most from him. You certainly did a great job with the lake. Actually, in Liam The Winter Dreams it's also swimmable but, Lol, I could see the edges of the pool even after I've lower the edges and put the rocks there. Great update!

Di Al Martini August 5, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Could you please put me under your email list both for the comments and posts? Thank you!

Di Al Martini August 5, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

I've just noticed the address to the exchange there on the comment section. So, please put me under your email list ;)

Di Al Martini August 5, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Lol, I pretty much in love with Bradley's character. You are the one who responsible for this, Kaleeko! Please update more stories about him :)

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

Busy day! Yay for finally getting to sit down and respond.

@Chrysame: Marta definitely needs to hook up with someone. Sam's the only guy that got a house of his own, so he may be her best bet -- but I definitely want Marta babies. If I don't get her eyes into the gene pool, I will be :( .

@PiB: Yusss. Bradley certainly thinks that Emerald is a 'forever' deal. Will it be? I guess we'll have to see. Or you. I guess I already know, don't I? :P

I married Thomas, but I was waiting for him to move in with Carolina before I made some insta-spawn, but for some reason, they still haven't. I'm just gonna have to do it for them next time I'm in-game, think I'll give them twins, or at least two 'kids'. Maybe one toddler, too.

@Dee: Good old days indeed! :D I was definitely so happy for Bradley. When I decided I should probably 'redo' this scene for actual nekkid screenshots, I had no problem doing it -- it was really fun to see Brad have such an amazing day all over again. He deserved to have it happen twice. :D

@MJ: Woops! I'm glad no one saw! Skinny dipping is taboo in some places in the States -- certainly with the religion I grew up in -- but it never stopped some of us! I guess we were all too 'redneck'. ;)

Brad certainly was tempted, but he's a very proper gentleman at heart... In fact, he's too *much* of a gentleman. He has no idea how to do anything but tip-toe around the border with a girl, whereas Travis dives headfirst into unknown territory. They are very, very different.

I'm glad you love Bradley! I absolutely adore him, too -- and you'll get your wish, MJ! This season and the next are going to be very very Bradley-centric.

(I wanted to focus equally on Travis, but I just didn't feel as connected with him... that, and his character has a lot of negative qualities that make him very difficult to write about in a sympathetic way. It's very hard to like him.)

I could've sworn I added you to those lists earlier, but I guess I didn't! Ack! You are on them now, MJ. :D

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Correction -- I did not marry Thomas. I married *off* Thomas. To Carolina. Oh boy.

Still, I may just have to make a simself to marry him. Red hair, mrowr. Hubba hubba. :D

PiB - Nicarra August 5, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

LOL you didn't marry Thomas yourself? Or even your simself?

Move him in with Carolina and twins + a toddler sounds like a good start.

Poor Travis, his geek brother is getting all the attention. Or maybe lucky Travis - his brother is getting all the attention...we'll have to see.

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Hahaha. Not yet, at least. ;)

Hmm. I can't really comment on Travis until the story progresses a bit more, but I definitely prefer Bradley over him. Bradley's much more complex and interesting in my eyes, regardless. ^^

Dee August 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Oh darn and here I thought you married Thomas. :D

Di Al Martini August 5, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Even though Emerald is not going to be her forever deal :(, it's okay. Emerald has been a good friend and helping him a lot through his teen times. Or else he is going to be so ... Well, I don't know how to describe. Emerald seemed really understand him now, when no one else (even his family) seemed doesn't at the moment. They are still teens, anything can happen, and both of them will meet other sims too.

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

Nnnnghghghrnghg. I'd love to talk about what happens. But I can't. So. I should stay quiet. I'm excited to write about it, though.

You're right though, MJ; they're teens, anything can happen. And they still have a long, long time ahead of them.

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

Nnngh. Writer's block + bad day = waiting until I've slept to finish Friday's post. Aiming for tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great thursday/friday, y'all. :D

PiB - Nicarra August 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

We can wait. Better to wait and get something good.

Unknown August 11, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Just added a song onto this post. I meant to a long time ago, but I couldn't find the right one. >.>

Irrelevent foo for the day! :D

Jen August 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

Oh Kaleeko, that was just the sweetest cutest chapter ever! ;)

I have seen that lot before on the exchange and wondered how it would work. You made good, no, excellent use of it.
And the skinny dipping, hee hee.
I'm guessing Emerald has the brave trait, yes?

Unknown August 16, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

Thanks! :D

I adore these two so, so much. I wish that... well, you gotta keep reading. :P

Emerald does have the Brave trait, yes. :) She (and her sister) are both Sims that come with Twinbrook, so I didn't get to pick her traits, but at this point she's Brave, Vegetarian, Computer Whiz, and No Sense of Humor.

Thanks for the comments! <3

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP