Unexpected

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life... It takes a different direction for all of us, regardless of what we do to try to steer it in the direction we want. The Kanes had felt the awful sting of what it was like to go a path different than their choosing, but the alternative was definitely not desirable, either. If they had not fled from Riverview, where would they be, now? Jebidiah would still be in prison -- likely for much of his boys' lives if not more -- and Meredith feared what would happen when the investigation of the disappearance of Chandra Hawkins reached her door. One mistake would have caused utter disaster for the whole family...

They were lucky, then, that Tana had been able to prevent it.

Ever since they arrived in Twinbrook, Meredith had wondered what had become of her sister. It had been less than a week since their arrival, but not a phone call or a rumor had passed itself her way. She was becoming worried... All she wanted to know is what had happened to her.

Screenshot-81.jpg

It was lucky for Meredith that she didn't have to wait long.


I missed you.
"Tana-- Oh, Tana... I was getting so scared," Meredith sighed as she squeezed her sister harder than she ever had before. Tana didn't even have to ring the doorbell -- Meredith had pounced on her before she had even reached the door.

"Don't be," Tana chuckled as she hugged back. "There was just some things I had to take care of before getting Howard and the kids ready to go."


Screenshot-84.jpg
"Th-- The park... The bo--" Meredith began, squeezing her sisters shoulders as she looked up at her for reassurance.

Tana couldn't help but smile in return. "Mere, you never had a thing to worry about. I told you I took care of it. Lucky for us, the only two cops in Riverview's dinky forensic department was me and Carl Strummer... And we all know what happened to him. Without us, they'll have to go to a neighboring department or rely on themselves to solve anything, and well... I know how to take care of a crime scene."

Meredith was still scared, but relieved; Tana got another hug, after that.

"Jebidiah's inside, if you want to go see him. I'm sure he'll be glad to see that you guys made it out of Riverview okay."


Screenshot-89.jpg
Glad... Wouldn't be the word I'd use. "Awww, c'mon Tana, aren't you happy to see me?" Jeb joked, but Tana only backed away, putting her hands up as shields.

"Uuugggh, Jeb, don't," Tana said, disgusted... Especially because Meredith was right behind them... And it didn't take long for her jealous radar to pick up her husband's stupidity.


Screenshot-92.jpg
"What is wrong with you, Jeb?" She didn't even have the energy anymore to be mad. "After everything we've been through, why do you have to keep pulling these stunts? I..." She put up her hands. There weren't the words anymore to express how he was hurting her. She'd already said them all.


Screenshot-94.jpg
As he left the room, Tana turned to her sister and shrugged. "You know he pulls practical jokes like that all the time, Mere. You shouldn't worry, there's never been anything between him and I."

"That's not the point," Meredith said with a sigh, putting one hand on her hip. "He doesn't understand what it could do to the kids... And it's just... I need his support right now more than ever, the last thing I need is to be worrying he's off doing something with another woman."

"Why, has something else com--"

"Tana, we're having another baby. I just found out this morning."




"Oh, honey..."

Tana knew Meredith was stressed enough right now to not want to deal with this, but after putting her hand on her shoulder, she tipped her sister's chin up and smiled. "Mere, you should be happy. Tell Jeb... Maybe it'll stop him from acting like an overgrown kid."


Screenshot-97.jpg
Well, Meredith decided to take Tana's advice, but there was still a pang in her heart. Things between her and Jeb still hadn't returned to normal, and now with the move, their lack of wealth, and her increasing paranoia that she was being followed by the ghost of Chandra, the news was tinted with a touch of darkness.

But she tried to remain happy; a baby was supposed to be a good thing. A gift. Right?


Screenshot-98.jpg
Jebidiah hung his head for a moment. "I'm going to need to start working extra... And your painting..."

"We'll manage. It's just going to be a lot of hard work is all." Something neither of the parents have ever liked.


Screenshot-99.jpg
She laughed and rolled her eyes as Jebidiah started to play hide-and-seek with her stomach. "Jeb, I'm pretty sure the baby is much too small to hear you. Probably doesn't even have eardrums, yet."

"Hush, woman! Any baby of mine can sense my awesome presence! A booga booga boo! A booga booga boo!"

Screenshot-101.jpg

The Kanes path had taken the unexpected, and with it, a surprise was waiting for everyone around the corner of every new day. For Meredith, the surprising taste of morning sickness mixed with worry...


Screenshot-102.jpg
... for Travis, confusion why things in their house were floating on their own ...


Screenshot-103.jpg
... for Bradley, that his aunt was so fascinated with stealing his candy once everyone had gone to bed ...


Screenshot-106.jpg
... and for Jebidiah, that there was something -- someone -- unexpected playing on his computer ...

Screenshot-108.jpg

... a sight he refused to believe ...


Screenshot-109.jpg
... that vanished right before his very eyes.

"What the heck was that?"

Jeb... You don't want to know.

12 comments:

Dee July 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

OMG, I love this one too. I know I'm always saying that but I do.
Another baby!!!! Yay for babies!

*laughing* This is one time I actually feel sorry for Jeb. Poor gusy in shock. Maybe he'll be "scared straight". Naw.
Shame on Tana. Stealing that babies candy.
Little Travis is so cute the way he is staring at the floating furniture. :)

Anonymous,  July 7, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Oh no, another baby. Babies don't fix the broken things in a relationship, they can make it worse something.

Jeb will probably feel so much stress financially that he'll have to resort to past measures to cover the bills. Try as he might it does seem as if something is going to have to give.

At least he saw the ghost! Perhaps he brought it out do to his inappropriate move on his sister-in-law. Maybe he just wanted to give her a very special thank you. *wink wink, nudge, nudge*

Evil sims stealing candy from a baby. Tsk Tsk.

Unknown July 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

They definitely have mixed feelings about having another one! I've never really done three kids before (every time it's happened, I already moved out with the first before the third was born), so it was kinda exciting for me. But for them... Well, at the beginning, they were quite poor. I took away all their money. ;D

But, it didn't take long for that to change. Meredith is now the main bread winner for the family -- where Jeb makes about 1k a day, Meredith makes anywhere between 5k and 20k a day selling paintings in the consignment store. I have absolutely no idea what to do with their money. May need to give in and travel, and buy a vacation home or two.

Jeb has a thing for trying to kiss Tana. Luckily, she's never accepted it. They've always had a rough time becoming close enough friends for that to be possible.

He certainly saw the ghost, but he still hasn't seen who it was. At this point, Jeb still has no idea that Chandra had anything to do with his framing, let alone that she's dead. Mere's keeping quite a few secrets...

Tana has a thing for stealing candy... Only seen Jeb do it one or two times. No wonder Tana has a hard time keeping skinny. ^^

Anonymous,  July 7, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

The best part is that I have no idea what's going to happen next. I have inklings of thoughts of what might happen but I know I'll be surprised.

Di Al Martini July 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

Great update! Awww... another baby!
Tana is coming back? Hmm, it keep me more curious than ever. She cannot be trusted even though she helped them out. I am making some guessing here, but I know none of them are right. I tried to look back at your family tree, but could not find Meredith's family tree. Of course, it's because it is Jeb's family tree. Love that pic of Jeb when he looked at Chandra's ghost.

Unknown July 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Things are gonna be a bit slow for a while, Chrysame, since when I first came to Twinbrook I was having too much fun with the EP than to actually poke around in story-plots, but there`ll be some interesting stuff soon, me thinks. ??

Tana`s... iffy. She jumps the fence a lot. I wouldn`t trust her either, but they are indebted to her -- she saved everybody`s butts.

You can see Meredith`s family tree by clicking Meredith`s portrait -- it`ll bring up Tana and Howard and their kids and such, too. Any portrait that has an itty bitty line above it means that there is an expanded tree off of it you can see by clicking on the portrait.

If you select the `Biographical` tab on the left, too, and click any portait, it`ll show that Sims place of birth, profession, and Traits. :) Gonna go back later and add in everyone`s LTW, too. I am a very particular record keeper. :D

Raisin Hale July 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

mere's maternity clothes are super cute

Di Al Martini July 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

wow, I should learn a lot from you there.

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Thank you, Marty! I've really tried to limit CC in my game, but extra maternity options is one thing I can't bring myself to get rid of, yet. ;)

From the rest of the family tree, MJ? I did put a lot into it. ;D I actually just went back into my copy today and entered everyone's LTW, but I won't put that version up until the baby is born.

Jen August 11, 2010 at 3:49 AM  

Kaleeko, I am so loving these amusing endings your write!

The Kane kids are so cute. Looking forward to seeing whether Meredith has a boy or a girl...I'm hoping a girl. ;)

Very tempted to read one of your new chapters but I'm not that far off...or am I? I've done this before on another story blog, so I can certainly do it again!

Jen August 11, 2010 at 3:51 AM  

Okay too late..I just checked out their family tree again. Yey for Amelia! lol

Elizabeth_Theiss,  November 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Do you have any idea how much I love this blog? I'm reading it at work and hiding it everytime someone walks past. I love it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP