Something's Fishy

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It had been some time since the Kanes had found the time to visit their "beloved matriarch", but since Jebidiah's late night phone call in somewhat of a panic, Farah had decided to extend the invitation to her descendants... Despite the rather cool distance she'd seemed to have been keeping ever since the family shoved off and moved to Twinbrook.

Screenshot-130.jpg
Jebidiah wasn't altogether thrilled about the idea of spending the evening with his mother, but... It was probably the least he could do. With all three kids bundled up into the car, they drove across town to Farah's miniature mansion -- it certainly was not the biggest in Twinbrook's "snob division", but most of the other decadent houses on the lane had more than one, old woman living inside them.

But... it was best to reserve judgement for someone that was doing him a very, very large favor.

Screenshot-131.jpg
"Wonderful dye job, mother," Jebidiah chuckled, trying to hide his sneer as he reached out to take his mother's hand.

"You can reserve the sarcasm for later, darling," she responded quick-wittedly, though still smiling. "I really am glad that you came."

"I... well... You know why I'm really here."

"Yes yes, it's inside. But please, don't make this visit all about that. I really do miss all my children."

Screenshot-132.jpg
As Farah and Meredith bustled into the kitchen to get dinner ready, with Amelia settled into the dining room with some toys, the boys got to work testing out grandma's new video game system... And Jeb had to admit, being rich really did have it's perks.

He missed those days... And it frustrated him to no end, that he had no idea when he might ever see them again.

But, just as they'd gotten into the heat of a game, his cellphone rang.

"You can take that, dear," Farah said as she swept into the room. "Meredith's just putting the final touches on the cobbler, I can play with the grandsons until it's ready."

Screenshot-135.jpg
Jebidiah grumbled a 'thanks' under his breath as he moved away from the television, but it was difficult to keep his voice down over the sound of the television as he answered the phone.

"I told you not to call me when I'm around my family! What the heck is it this time? ... Yes, I got it. ... Yes, I'll deliver it to you as soon as possible. ... 100, as we agreed upon. ... No, I didn't -- Just... Can we talk about this later? This is not a good time."

As he hung up the phone, the impulse to slam it against the wall almost overcame him... But as Meredith skipped into the room to announce, "Dinner's ready!", Jebidiah had no choice but to put on the biggest smile he could manage, and pretend that everything was alright.

Screenshot-318.jpg
The next day, Jebidiah received a call from Marigold Racket -- she was loony-er than a Canadian dollar, but... That was sort of his job these days, wasn't it? Settling riddles for the overly paranoid, overly nutty, and overly nosy. He didn't care if it was an honorable gig, but man, couldn't they at least pay him more?

Even though Marigold was certifiably insane, Jebidiah indulged her case on the sheer fact of the size of her pocketbook -- maybe he'd get a little bit more out of it, this time.

"So... You're saying, all the apples just disappeared?" Jebidiah was really trying to remain professional, but... It just wasn't that easy.

"Yes!" Marigold nodded vigorously. "I was coring a bunch of the darn things for a pie, and then, just outta the blue, I walked outta the room, and WOOSH! They were gone. Completely gone! I want to know what happened to my apples! MY APPLES!!"

Screenshot-322.jpg
Well, Jeb didn't have much choice but to stop by the Racket's estate to see what all this business about "apples" was; and first stop, the kitchen.

But, after he did a little bit of investigating, a look of surprise crossed his face: those weren't fingerprints! They looked like... Fin marks? And water, everywhere... And it smelled like a pond had just up and walked all over the kitchen, too. It didn't make any sense, but... There was a trail to follow -- and he was going to go after it.

Screenshot-324.jpg
It led straight to the trashcan outside. As he suspected, within the trashcan was "Apple cores," he murmured to himself.

Still, a lot of this didn't make sense. What he'd discovered wasn't human... Wasn't human at all. While he'd discovered what happened to the apples -- obviously, eaten -- he owed it to Mrs. Racket and her generous bank account to discover who -- or what -- had devoured her pie filling... And as he considered the possibilities, a tinge of disgust touched the tip of his tongue.

Screenshot-327.jpg
First stop: the science facility. It wasn't in  his favorite part of town, but at least it was easy to find -- double silo, double water tower... The epitome of Twinbrook's once industrious nature.

He asked a whole lot of questions to the scientists, but no one seemed to want to give him any answers -- in fact, everyone was being a little too tight-lipped about this whole thing. Well, if the scientists weren't willing to talk about this "mutant fish", then maybe some people around town were willing to talk about the scientists.

Screenshot-333.jpg
Jebidiah spent almost all evening interviewing various people around town, but it wasn't until he ran into Pattina Knack that he finally got a lead:

"Well, I'm not really sure what sorts of experiments they've been running at the science lab, but that Marshall Curious sure has been acting funny lately... I saw him snooping around the Peddler's house last night, and it didn't seem like he was up to much good."

Screenshot-335.jpg
Pulling out his trusty branches, Jeb decided to spend a few hours in front of the Peddler's house trying to uncover this nonsense... But all he saw was Penny and her husband coming home in succession. "Rats," sighed Jeb as he uncrouched from his position... But, as always, there was one last thing to check before he went off to his next stop:

Screenshot-338.jpg
The garbage can.

And, as he suspected... More apple cores. What was Marshall Curious doing? Did he have some ravenous cravings for apples? That would almost make sense, except that didn't explain the fin markings... Granted, he could always be wearing a fish suit of some sort -- Jeb had caught Milly Pidgin dressing up as a shark to scare off fish only a few weeks ago -- but... that seemed unlikely.

However... The apple cores wasn't the only little tidbit of juicy information he'd discovered siphoning through the Peddler's trash.

Screenshot-339.jpg
"How... How did you know?!" Penny responded to Jebidiah's accusation, completely shocked.

"Why does it matter? You're pregnant, and I know who the father is -- and it's not your husband. You know... It could be really bad, if he found out..."

"What do you want?"

"Oh... I think you know."

Screenshot-340.jpg
"So... You, you... You promise not to tell anyone?" Penny stuttered as she came back with an envelope of cash, handing it off to Jebidiah as he attempted to keep his devilish smile under-wraps.

Screenshot-342.jpg
"As long as we keep this secret between you and me... No one will have to know. Even your husband."

"And, you won't tell the father, will you?"

"Well..." Jebidiah shrugged, as he slipped the cash into his back pocket. "No. No, I won't."

As he left the Peddler's house, Jebidiah felt a brief pang of guilt -- blackmailing a poor woman who probably just made some stupid mistake... But, he needed all the money he could get. If he wanted to keep his family together... every dollar would count.




Screenshot-282.jpg
"Brad, what are you doing here?" Travis looked up from his gaze lake-wards towards his little brother, scrambling up the latter to the top of the playground. "Can't you stop following me for a little while?"

"I'm not following you. Mom sent me here to tell you your friend's at the house looking for you. And, she wanted me to tell you to turn your cellphone back on."

Travis grumbled. "I'm not turning my cellphone back on. And... It's not Lolly at the house, is it?"

"No, it's Emerald's big sister."

Screenshot-284.jpg
Travis felt a huge surge of relief as he slid down the pole, landing on the send with a light *thud*.

"Jade," he whispered to himself. "Oh, how I wish..." Travis turned his eyes towards the lake, staring out over it's expanse with the same wishful daydreams he'd had before. "If only," he muttered, thoughtfully. "If only."

Screenshot-310.jpg
"Jeez, Travis, took you long enough to get here," Jade called as Travis walked down the stairs and settled onto the couch next to her. Jade had been playing video games in their basement ever since Meredith had sent Bradley out to look for him, so at least she was enjoying herself for the time being.

"Sorry, I was just... ya know. Hiding."

"Hiding? With your cellphone off? Whatever for?"

Screenshot-311.jpg
"Well, you know... I just..." Travis looked over at Jade, carefully eyeing her as she remained so absorbed in her current game of Simanimals. "Well, to be honest, I was hiding from Lolly."

"Seriously? You two having problems or something?"

"I don't know," he responded with a shrug. "She certainly doesn't seem to think so. I guess I'm just feeling really cooped up in the relationship, you know? She's not exactly very adventurous, just... way too overly traditional, not to mention she's sooo--"

"Clingy?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well..." Jade put down the controller to the game system, and turned her eyes to finally face Travis for the first time.

Screenshot-312.jpg
"June told me," Jade finally finished. "In fact, she told me that you'd chickened out breaking up with her because you're too much of a boy to go two minutes without having someone to mack on."

"Oh yeah? And what do you think?"

"I think the look you're giving me right now is a really dangerous one, Travis... Why don't you fix things with Lolly, and then we can talk about what I think..."





Screenshot-350.jpg
Jebidiah had never been up onto this side of Twinbrook, before; it was a lot higher, colder, more desolate... The trees all seemed to be dead, and only one house stood out among the expanse of rolling hills. There was no mistaking it: the Curious' house.


Screenshot-351.jpg
Whipping out his sturdy magnifying glass, he began to search... The mailbox, the garden, the trashcan -- until he came across something incredibly peculiar... A journal.

It looked like it'd been hastily thrown out, so quickly that Marshall hadn't even made absolute sure that it was discarded properly. After flipping through a few pages, Jebidiah decided to finish up his snooping at home, so that he wouldn't have any chance encounters with any of the Curious Kind.

Screenshot-353.jpg
As he read through the journal at Meredith's snoozing side, the heartbreak of a father became all too obvious: Marshall, a brilliant scientist, had made a terrible mistake... His own son had been accidentally transformed by one of his experiments, and no longer was anything what a Sim would call human. He had done everything he could to make him feel normal, but after a time, his son had escaped... So he'd been following him around town, making sure he was alright.

It was this "Fish Kid" that had stolen all the apples, and Marshall was just standing by, making sure he was alright... Like a father. But, in the end, he had to let his son go -- he had disappeared down a sewer, and now knew he would never see him again.

It was likely in his anguish that he'd tossed the journal away; so, as Jebidiah tucked it away in his nightstand, he decided that tomorrow he would tell Marigold that the culprit had been caught, and she'd never have to worry about it again. It wasn't worth bringing more shame on Marshall Curious than he'd already endured.

Screenshot-355.jpg
But... As Jebidiah slept and Meredith awoke, she looked upon her husband with a small amount of disdain.

She knew, he was up to something... He'd been growing distant, and since their one night of bliss, believing that she would be taken away, he had been withdrawn and angry. Meredith was tired... And was ready to discover what he was really up to.

Marshall Curious was not the only one who had something to be ashamed of: for, he was not the only man that lied.






Some Random Screenshots I Wanted to Share:

Screenshot-352.jpg
Here: a random shot I took in Twinbrook, that I thought just looked awesome. I really love this place. :)


Coming over to Carolina and Marta's house to take Carolina's picture for her Visa...


Amelia chillin' with some hot new babes in town...


And, the cutest picture wall Ever #1...


... and #2.

30 comments:

Unknown July 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Just moved in some of y'all's sims into town, today, wanted to show a few shots of my encounters with them. :) Not all of them, just a few -- 8 sims altogether. They better start making babies fast!

Also: I love my Sim-kids.

I have to say, the way that Penny's affair and Jeb's current case came into contact was really bizarre, and pretty cool -- more on that next post, though.

PiB - Nicarra July 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Proper comment later but I love watching your newest fan work her way slowly through the story.

And b) please feel free to mastercontrol my Sims to having babies. Give them a mate and get them started. Especially Sam, he adores little ones. He can handle twins, no problems.

Unknown July 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Jennifer? Yeah, she's a doll. :) I can't wait til she gets caught up. I haven't been responding to many of her comments yet because I don't know if she sees them, but, it gives me warm fuzzies inside. Jen will know that when she's caught up this far, hehe. ^^

I'll keep that in mind, PiB. :) I turned up the speed on my StoryProgression, looks like Ollie and Camille are already batting eyes at each other on the street. But, I may need to jettison some elders and move in some families with kids, at this point... There's only two kids Amelia's age now, and one of them is a Newspaper boy. Lesigh!

PiB - Nicarra July 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

which of our sims have you grabbed for breeding material? :)

Unknown July 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Lessee... I got Carolina North, Wyatt Walker, Marta Tomasi, Oliver Mayweather, Sam Grant, Thomas Leman, Camille Montgomery, and MJ's Mary Anne Thompson. And, I feel awesome, because I was able to remember those all off the top of my head. Woo!

Anonymous,  July 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

I love that touch of the kids pictures on the wall. And they're good, too. It's so family like.

Meredith is going to do a little detective work of her own. Jeb, you're gonna get in even more trouble. Hurry up and figure out what Jeb's up to, Mere, so we'll can find out, too!

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM  

My mom always used to hang the pictures of us kids in the hallway, with our baby picture on top and graduation picture on the bottom... It kinda seemed like something Meredith would do, too. And me. Because I adore my Simmiekids.

And, grr.. EA still hasn't fixed my Studio. I wrote Customer Support, they gave me unhelpful advice, I told them it wouldn't work, and now they've transferred me to some higher ups... which means I probably won't have that working for like another week. Grrrreat.

Anonymous,  July 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

Can they even tell you what the problem is (why is it doing what's it's doing) or if it's a common problem?

At least you're moving up to higher ups. I'd say that's a positive. I'm trying to be cheery and optimistic. It goes against my nature.

Let me know if you want me to get out the Ken voodoo doll.

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Well, they should have at least an idea, because I am about 75% sure I know what the issue is. My Studio went kaputt as soon as I uploaded Amelia. Amelia is the one item that also loads an error. Thus, 1 + 1 = delete Amelia, things are fixed. She's probably corrupted in some way.

The first guy told me, "Go to your Studio and delete her", and I'm like.. But that's the problem. I can't access my studio because she broke it. I need you guys to delete her! And yeah. That's when he transferred me. ;D There definitely could be something else causing an issue, but... This seems pretty simple.

Anonymous,  July 29, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

*snorts* Sounds like he doesn't have the authorization to do anything. Like so many jobs...

As soon as you mention simple to a huge organization you know they're going to require you to fill out ten forms, recite the Lumberjack Song while tap dancing and give them first refusal on your first child.

I've been taking your advice and exploring the fishing holes of Twinbrook. They really are lovely. I think Georgia will be fishing a lot just so I can look around.

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

More than likely. I mean, it seems like it'd be easy, since they were able to take down a bunch of Doll-bugged items pretty quickly, but... Geh. At least there's nothing super pressing when it comes to accessing my Exchange. Though, I also just noticed that I can't post on my Forum post either. Hrm.

I wouldn't mind doing the Lumberjack Song though. It's a great song. ;)

Glad to hear you like them! They have so much character... They're really easy to miss at first, when you spend most of your time in the central part of Twinbrook. I'm still always exploring town looking for new things I haven't seen before... The town's a bit of a fixer-upper, but I guess that's how they intended it. :)

PiB - Nicarra July 29, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

I am sorry that your studio is causing havoc. Such a shame.

Storyline - Jeb needs money - Titania wasn't intended on taking him away - I bet he is being blackmailed. Big time.

But his latest case was interesting. Never trust the science lab.

Dee July 29, 2010 at 6:12 AM  

I don't have time right now to read the other comments so I'm just commenting on the story.

I just know that's Tatianna blackmailing Jeb. I just know it.

Hello Ollie and Wyatt and Carolina and Marta. I wasn't expecting to see them just yet.

Oh Jades a pretty one. She just might give Travis the incentive to get rid of what will probably become a stalker if he gets rid of Lolly. :)

I just love those investigations. Love the picture wall too.

Di Al Martini July 29, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Your screen shots are becoming more awesome along with the storyline.
There's something about Jeb which hasn't changed yet. But, I can see how hard he tried. Too bad that his wife and kids has lost trust on him. But maybe, they still have a little faith for Jeb.
I thought Travis and June had a little chemistry. Well, I was wrong. Is Jade June's sister? But, will Lolly take the break up easily?

I've seen your artworks. I'm so impressed by them. I like those dragons.

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Hehehe... Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what's going on. ^^

@PiB: My studio's not a huge deal, but I wish they'd fix it already. And yeah, this last case was pretty cool. I've tried to stop following him to everything he does for work, but this case is one of the 'big' ones that gives a medal afterwards. So, pry worth mentioning. :)

@Dee: Probably won't see them again for a while, I took those screenshots today and I've still got a ways to go to catch up. I thought it'd be funny to take them on, though. :)

Jade and her sister Emerald both have a unique beauty about them, which is pry why both boys are attracted to them. Lolly... She's pretty much already a stalker, haha.

@MJ: Thank you! I really am trying to improve my screenshots as things go along, I hope it shows. This album was right after I learned about the 'camera' mode, too.

Travis and June are cousins, so a relationship there is a no-go. :) June and July are their cousins (Tana's kids), and Jade and Emerald are pre-made Sims that came with Twinbrook. All the four-letter J names makes it confusing, haha.

And awww, I'm glad you liked my artwork. Wish I had more inspiration for it these days.

Di Al Martini July 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Oops about June. Jade seems like a nice girl and pretty. Maybe Travis will be glad after he had settled everything with Lolly. About the last paragraph. I am so curious. What Jeb has been up to behind our knowing or what he will do later?

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

I totally understand, MJ, there's quite a few characters in the story at this point, keeping them all straight is a headache. :)

More about Jeb and Meredith's predicament, next post.... it should definitely shed some light on what's going on. ;)
----

So, my forum post is letting me post again, woo. I'm gonna try to keep posting an excerpt to it every day, but if it doesn't garner any interest in a while, I'm gonna not bother to keep it up.

It's not that big of a deal, anyways -- I've got all the readers I need, and quality ones at that! I would much rather write for a small community of collaboraters, I feel lucky enough to have that... It was worth a try, but I'm pretty content as-is.

Dee July 29, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

I have never had much luck with my forum post. I did with the lacy wedding gown but that one became a little.... I don't know how to word it. I think a lot of people replied because of a certain person who complained because I uploaded a recolor. :D What surprises me is I am still getting downloads on the dress.

I would never expect to see our sims all the time. Sometimes other peoples sims never get shown in my blogs.

PiB - Nicarra July 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

I agree with Dee. I usually only start reporting on Sims in a blog page if they have kids. I take pics when it makes sense - usually - I couldn't resist when Bradley wandered by while I was following Marta.

Even the blog where I switch between households, I've settled on switching to ones with babies or toddlers. Some Sims are just background. Must add some Kanes to that one. :)

Unknown July 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Recolors always seem to get a lot of love, which surprises me in some respects, but makes sense. Not everyone loves to play around in CAStyle, and even those that do like looking for new patterns and new ideas.

I figure you guys wouldn't expect to see your Sims very often, but it was funny seeing them out and about at the beginning. :) Especially since Mere immediately got an opportunity to photograph Carolina, and Amelia was trying oh-so-hard to get Ollie and Wyatt to buy stuff at her bake sale, but they wouldn't. Tch!

Dee July 29, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Okay, that does it. I'm just going to have to have a talk with Mr. Wyatt Walker. I'll leave Ollie to Chrysame.

PiB - Nicarra July 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

I'm glad that Sam, Thomas and Camille are wandering around town. Sam and Thomas usually turn up girlfriends pretty quick on their own. Camille, I haven't played much so I don't know her.

Unknown July 30, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

Hahaha. :D

Well, it looks like they're already up to no good... I believe I saw something come up about Wyatt and Camille hooking up.

Still, I think I may need to use my remaining empty lots to move in a family with some kids. Amelia list of friends is just about to shrink, because all of them are about to age up into teenagers.

I really should have thought about this ahead of time... Go me, for setting my population so low on Story Progression. Bah.

Jen August 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Aww, those last pics of the kids are wonderful! Amelia is growing up..and Bradley, I love his hair!

Thought I'd make start on season 3, since your probably almost at the end anyway! lol
Plus it's Mon and who wants to work on Mon. ;)

Oh, I wanted to ask too, since I installed Twallans mod on the wkend.. I couldn't find the option to switch households. I read through the readme file many times but just can't see it.
It's probably staring me in the face, yeah?

Unknown August 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Haha! Yeah, Season 3's really close to being over. I'm gonna space it out a tiny bit so the end comes about a week from today.

As for Master Controller: to switch between households, just click the Master Controller option on a Sim, and on the very first window, there should be an option called "Make Active" or "Make Active (Dream Catcher)". It'll automatically make them the active sim. :) You can also use this on house map tags and sim map tags.

It is right there, but I always have a hard time finding things in those big lists, too! So no biggie. :D

Jen August 15, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

Yes I've seen that option. I'm not one to go around clicking stuff if I don't know what it's going to do/affect. lol

Cool, I will try it tonight and your so right about it being sooo useful too! I had trouble stopping myself from playing last night. lol

BTW, it's just MC I installed. What's the difference between MC & SC? :)

Unknown August 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Cool! I'm glad you like it. :) Twallan makes some *amazing* mods.

Master Controller and Super Computer (SC) are technically the same mod, but Super Computer is now outdated; it's basically his 'Overwatch' mod and MC in one, but he split them apart in order to develop their funcionality seperately.

Then there's SP, or 'Story Progression', which is a very complex (but awesome) mod that replaces EA's story progression with one that keeps the town populated better, keeps you informed on relationships/babies/skills/etc, but it can take a little bit of work to get it set up just how you want it. However, it is *way* simpler than AwesomeMod, and it's not a Core Mod, which is a plus. :)

Jen August 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM  

I see another chapter is out! Geez Louise! lol

SP I'd really love to install. But maybe when I start on a new family. I'd hate to see Eliza pop out several simmies with out me noticing. ;)

Romei Kolliegbo,  November 26, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

This Story Is Confusing >.< LolBut It's Awesome.! Don't Get Me Wronq ;)

Kaleeko,  November 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

Haha! Yeah, I was not very consistent when I first started writing this--I didn't think many people would ever read it. ;) Glad you're still enjoying it though! ♥

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP