Some Updates!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Got a couple notes I wanted to cram into a post real quick before I start working on the next storyline post:

First - 

It was brought to my attention that my houses were not installing correctly! Alas! I am not entirely sure what the problem was, but after getting down'n'dirty and stripping every single CC and Store item in the lots, they seem to be working properly now. Which was the culprit... I'm not sure. Both houses had items from the European 'Eco' pack that may have been causing finicky issues, but it could have been some CC paintings that were corrupted pre-DelphyDash cleanup, or just the mere existence of CC/Store items made things go boom. (If anyone knows for sure, let me know, it will help if I upload anything in the future.)

In any case: new version of both the Kane House (here!) and Oak Groves (here!) have been re-uploaded and should work properly, now. I tested them in my own game, and they seem to work fine. Click the here!s to download them there!s.

An interesting note: I discovered, while testing this, that Sim-done paintings do not download with lots, yet Sim-done photographs do. Intriguing. If this is not the case when you download them, let me know... I'm curious.

Second - 

I updated my 'About' page a little bit. Nothing major, basically just lists what mods I run, and some stupid random stuff about how I play the game. And it now is Comment-friendly. Shazam!

I also did a bunch of updating on my Family Tree, but I won't be uploading the new version until the story actually catches up to that point. I'll make a note when that's been updated. I like Family Echo as a family tree generator, it's got great interactive-ity... ityity. Apparently Twallan's SP now supports exporting family trees to work with the Family Echo website, but I haven't tried it out. I'd rather do it by hand.

Third - 

I shant make a big deal out of it, but those of you that sent me gifts from the Store? You rock my world. Totally the last thing I expected, but I seriously appreciate it. Someday when I've got more than 5 bucks to my name, I intend to repay the favor. :) Many *hugs*!

Fourth - 

"I am Meredith, hear me roar!" ... Not.



And that's how much I love my Sims. ;) I'll get around to inking/coloring it sometime soon, but for now... That's a super, super rough sketch I did of my (probably) favorite Sim. I also haven't drawn in... Holy cow, since September. Bout time. Thought I'd share!

6 comments:

Dee June 16, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

WOW, that's a great sketch. I never could draw.
I have a weaving loom and my art is done on that, or with a crochet hook, or with knitting needles. I too haven't indulged in a while now.

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

That's a wonderful sketch. Do you have a DA account?

I'll try the houses, again. Thanks so much for taking a gander at them. I downloaded Delphy's Dashboard yesterday and eliminated a bunch of conflicted CC. Of course, the only CC I use are patterns (I'm a pattern junkie) and it eliminated most of them. As long as the game works!

Unknown June 16, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Thank guys! I'm a bit out of practice, but I've wanted to do some doodles of my Sims for a while. Considering how much time I spend with them these days... ^^

@ Dee: Huge props for loom/crochet/knitting! I have much respect for anyone that can do those things, as I have the clumsiest fingers in the world. Me and my eraser are best friends. ;)

@ Chrysame: I do have a dA account! http://kaleeko.deviantart.com/ It's not been updated in a while, though. Life gave me lemons, and I made... pucker face. ;D

Delphy's Dashboard is so helpful, it made my game run a lot smoother after fixing some corrupted CC. I'm slowly filtering CC out of my game, though.. Only got some paintings, one hairstyle (Meredith's) and "clutter helpers" left... and clutter. I've fallen in love with clutter. ;)

Patterns are another matter entirely. One can never have too many extra patterns! ;)

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Both houses installed perfectly! The file sizes were much smaller then they were originally. Thank you!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 8:16 PM  

You like dragons. :) You've done some really wonderful pictures. I have a favorite. It's a drawing of a stuffed giraffe saying mew.

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

I'm glad to hear that the houses worked! I have a feeling it was probably the CC I missed, but I'll refrain from uploading Store items in the future as well just in case.

And yes, I like dragons. ;) Most of my art is characters from the RPG I used to play... But the giraffe is my stuffed animal, who not long after I drew was mercilessly tore up by my dog while I was out of the country. Evil, evil dog...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP