No Matter What

Monday, June 21, 2010


 "Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are

I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I've set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh, let's go back to the start"






I can remember the first time we met... It's so vivid, in my mind. I may be forgetful, sometimes, but that... That day... Well, some things are hard to forget.


I hated him, then. Tana found it funny, at first... This little kid, always following me around, kicking dirt in my shoes, taunting and teasing me despite everything I tried to do to make him go away...


He beat up all the kids in his class, especially Bryant... I felt so sorry for that poor kid. I tried so hard, to tell him to stop... I even gave Jebidiah my username so he'd leave the poor boy alone.


But of course, it didn't work -- he continued to torture Bryant for years. And now, not only was he a first-class bully, but he was stalking me online, too. I was pretty sure that he couldn't get any creepier.


But I was wrong. He followed me everywhere... Even when I was trying to hang out with people my own age for a change. It was like trying to shake an angry chihuahua from your ankle. Completely. Utterly. Useless. The best you can do is leave it alone and hope it goes away on it's own...


But it was just wishful thinking. Having a tag along made it difficult to make -- and keep -- any friends (not that I didn't have that problem on my own)... And by now, Tana was no longer amused by his shinanigans. Once he was in our class, it made things even worse -- I couldn't avoid him at school, after school, and finally, one day, he stayed on the bus with me all the way home, and followed me into my house! I had no idea what to do.



But at that point, it finally became clear why he had been badgering me all this time, what he had misguidedly been trying to express...


... And part of me, so lonely, such a nervous wreck about everything in my life, was flattered that someone actually liked me... of all people. Incredibly shy, neurotic, childish... No one ever liked me. But Tana called the cops to get rid of him, and he was gone before I could even figure out how I felt about this. About him.


My sister thought she was protecting me, but against all her wishes, I decided I'd go out with him, just once, if only out of curiosity. Tana knew how shy I was, how neurotic I was with everything in my life, but she never realized how badly I wanted someone who understood what it was like to be afraid of everything in my life...



... Or how bad I wanted this.


Not only had he learned everything I loved, from all those years of treading in my shadow, but he endured the things that bored him the most just so that he could see me smile. He knew exactly what made me happy, all the right words to make me laugh...


... and how to be there for me when I wasn't sure I could handle it all anymore. With no one else to turn to, I ran to him the day my parents died...



... and he never turned me away. As terrible as he was to everyone else, never once did he treat me poorly... Never once did he show me anything but adoration, affection.



When things with my foster parents became too much, he asked me to come live with him once we both finally grew up.


And once we did, there was no doubt in my mind what I'd do. After all that time, I'd finally realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Part of me wasn't sure why, when I knew how cruel and untamed he could be, but deep down, I knew he was the only person that could ever understand me, take care of me, comfort me, the way that I really needed. As much as it upset my sister, there was nothing she could do -- I knew I loved him.



That I'd always love him...



... No matter what.

16 comments:

Anonymous,  June 21, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

Beautifully done. The sepia tones, everything soft and blurry going as she remembers. Bam! Sharp focus on the man she'll always love no matter what kissing another.

I just want to give Meredith a hug. And a Hot Toddie. She seems like a hot toddie drinker.


Very touching, Kaleeko. *claps*

Dee June 21, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

I just want to say, I'm still catching up. I'll just have to backtrack.

Oh my, this is terrible. Not the story. The story is great. How could he?

I love the pics. You did a great job with them.

Unknown June 21, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Thank you, guys. :) I had fun playing with different picture filters in Picasa... I had this written up for a while, but had to catch the storyline up to a point where I could actually post it.

All I can say is, especially with events that are to follow... Jebidiah does not deserve Meredith. Even though Jeb's from my "legacy", and Meredith is a EA descendant (daughter of Aiden and Hannah Jones in Riverview), it's pretty easy to see who I like more of the two. (Even though, having played them so long, I can't help but be attached to them both.)

Still, even when their relationship has dipped in the negatives, they've never wanted to break up... Always have wanted to patch things up. Guess it was meant to be, after all.

And Chrysame, I don't know about Meredith, but I could sure go for a hot toddie about now. ;)

Dee June 22, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

Someday maybe I'll be able to stick with a family long enough to get attached. I always either get tired of them or my game glitches.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

The game glitches get me every time. I've made it to generation four or five but then I poof! Although, I've never made my storyline as interesting as Kaleeko. I generally don't have a storyline.

Note to self: Get a storyline.

Di Al Martini June 22, 2010 at 6:18 AM  

This is beautiful, very touching. You have done a great job with the story and also with those beautiful pictures.

Di Al Martini June 22, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

I feel bad for Meredith, though... I think it was because of her low self esteemed that made her never loved anyone better than him.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

I think he's just trying to cover his hide. He panicked, used sex to try to make everything okay and it backfired as it usually does.

Plus, Dallas is a tattletale.

Unknown June 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

I never really had a storyline at the beginning, I just took hundreds of screenshots for no reason... But then it sort of dawned on me I could do something interesting with them. Then I added a few planned events, kinda pushed them in certain directions, and bam, a story was born. :)

My game used to have huge, huge Error 12 issues. Once I got into week 50ish, I'd have to repeat days over and over again all the time... I quit several times over it. Then, out of the heavens, the CFF Explorer fix descended upon me, and I was able to play to week 150 in Riverview with complete success, error free. Between that and adding Sims to my DEP list, I have no crashes, no glitches.. Though I do run relatively CC-less, nowadays, as well.

I'm the exact opposite of you though, Dee -- I've tried playing other families, before... I just can't do it. The only other save file I have right now other than my "main hood" is a test hood for CC and building... All the other families I tried to play just bored me, for some reason! All I could think is "I'd much rather be playing the Kanes right now!"

As for Meredith and Jebidiah... I have mixed feelings about them both. Jebidiah definitely isn't a good guy, but he does love his family -- he just makes terrible decisions. Meredith eventually accepts this, but she could probably stand to be more forgiving (later on down the road, at least). She still hasn't quite let him live it down, in my game. :P

And yes -- Dallas is a tattletale. XD I never liked him... When I found out that's who Simon married, I was not particularly happy about it... But twallan's SP always said they were head over heels for each other every cycle, so who am I to deny them a life together? ;D Simon probably could have found better guys, but... Alas.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

Ya know, Meredith might be more forgiving if she gets it out of her system. It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong but give me a cookie first, please) that Meredith is the bury the bad stuff deep down inside type. The problem is the stuff comes steaming out when you least expect it in little ways.

If she had her own little tumble maybe she'd feel they were even. Eh. Maybe not but at least it would take care of some of her stress for a bit.

Unknown June 22, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

I'd say your assessment is pretty spot on. ;) She definitely has some serious issues "letting go", so to speak... And sadly, it's probably only going to get worse for a while.

We'll have to see about that little 'tumble'... ^^

PiB - Nicarra June 23, 2010 at 4:30 AM  

Nicely done pics. Poor girl eventually growing to love one guy who always did what he could to make her happy. And then one day, betrayal.

I don't mind Dallas. He's practically a nice guy compared to some of the rest of the family.

Not that is saying much. :)

Unknown June 24, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

@PiB: She really did get caught offguard, but even though he tried to be the "perfect lover/boyfriend/husband", she knew from the beginning he wasn't a swell guy. Meredith chose to ignore it out of some desperate need to be loved (woo, title plug time!) and... Well. She's naive, but she should've realized things wouldn't be perfect forever.

The Shallow family really is Shallow! I had a lot of problems with them when I first moved my family to Riverview. The first time I had a Sim go over to visit, all three people home at the time beat her up, one after the other. It was insane!

Unknown June 24, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

Also: I love how I talk about my Sims as if they weren't characters I'd made up and controlled. >.> Can't decide if that's being mean, or being overly affectionate towards these pixellated critters... Both, mayhaps?

Jen July 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Awww...that so beautiful written, Kaleeko! So now we know Meredith's side of the story or more so their childhood.

Does this mean that she will forgive Jeb? Will she stay with him? I must read on to find out! ;)

And as everyone else has said above, great job on the shots! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This Blog is a fictional story written using the Sims 3 (tm Electronic Arts); it is written by the:

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP